Never played Dizzy before

Tell the community about yourself.
MrEUser
Your Backpack is Empty

Never played Dizzy before

Post by MrEUser » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:03 am

I live near Denver, Colorado. I bought a ZX Spectrum Next, accelerated. While waiting for the Kickstarter to ship I have collected a tape deck, audio cables, joysticks, and games. I don’t have a single Dizzy game and would love to play all of them (I was a huge fan of Roberta Williams Sierra games work). I have 9 and 4 year old girls that would enjoy the series with me. I can’t find a source for the game files. I’d be happy to pay to have a LEGITIMATE copy of game files put on an SD card (or the original, functional, tapes) so that I can play these games with them. Not interested in pirated copies. Does such a thing exist? Is there a legal paid source? The other games I got from an estate sale. I feel like I’m going to be the last person to get my ZX Next...

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Re: Never played Dizzy before

Post by Adz.M » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:26 pm

Welcome. :)

If you're looking to buy physical copies of Dizzy games on tape, my only suggestion would be to browse through secure selling sites like ebay or Amazon.

Finding the original Spectrum tapes for all 12 games won't be easy though because of its rarity, especially as we are talking about an old video game series that originally ran from 1987-1994.

The other way (which doesn't involve payment), does mean downloading the Spectrum game ROMs from our site.
I don't own a Spectrum Next and I have little to no knowledge to what the machine has to offer.

My apologies if my reply isn't helpful.