Daisy's Quest (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Daisy's Quest (HELP THREAD)

Post by Jarek » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:02 pm

"I've tried 86 52 16 and i also also tried 86 90 16"
86 + 52 + 16 = 154 it's not 270
86 + 90 + 16 = 192 it's not 270

The first number is 98 or 68 or 86 or 89.
The second number is 90.
The third number is 91 or 16 or 19 or 61.
The sum of three numbers is 270.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:18 pm

Sorry to be an absolute pain but I can’t remember the location for changing the first number! Any ideas?

Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Jarek » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:24 pm

"but I can’t remember the location for changing the first number"
Attachments
Przechwytywanie.JPG
Przechwytywanie.JPG (26.65 KiB) Viewed 555 times

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:26 pm

Thanks Jarek, of course that’s the one. Just have to get it right now!

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:02 pm

I've got back into the cemetery and got the purple lever but i've followed the instructions to the letter and the other levers don't appear. i've used the mallet on the crab, found the mushroom and used the cigarette. I've delivered all the groceries and cut the grass. looks to me that i might need to solve the graves next and get the flapjack recipe am I doing something wrong or do I need to have actioned something in order to get the levers to work?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:00 am

That's really odd Sparkles, as I've double checked the game and can't find a problem. There aren't any pre-requisites (apart from getting the key) and the only condition is seeing the message on the tomb door before any of the levers appear. Pulling the purple one should automatically change the 'status' of the green (crucifiction) grave, so that the next time you action it when wearing the green shades the lever appears.

Someone called 'Sun' had a problem with the big block in the temple not being able to move, but told me that reloading the game solved the problem. But I'm not sure if he just unzipped the downloaded file again, or downloaded a new version. As long as you keep your saved game, you could try unzipping the downloaded file as another version of the game and then just copy and paste the saved game file.

If that doesn't work use this as a last resort
CHEAT: open the 'dizzy (configure settings) file and at the very bottom (in the advanced section) add the line dev = 1, or if the line dev = 0 is there, change it to dev = 1. Then load the saved game. Now there is a little red box at the top left of the screen which will enable you to switch rooms quickly. Go into the shed (yellow door in the cave that leads to the shipwreck) where you got the spade. Hold the control key and press the down arrow once. This will take you into the tomb where you can pick up the flapjack recipe and then exit via the door.

hammermalc
Free Range Egg

Post by hammermalc » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:16 am

i have the same problem as sparkles, but I can't remember if I saw the writing before the purple lever. I will start the section again and see what happens.

hammermalc
Free Range Egg

Post by hammermalc » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:51 am

finished the game. excellent. where do you get your ideas from? the moving tunnels was genius. :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Noggin the Nog » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:40 pm

Finished this tonight. Really frustrating game actually - I had to restart and go through the temple room by room with the map to make sure I got all the diamonds. And I had trouble working out what all the switches did. Enjoyed it though. :v2_dizzy_clapping:

The one thing I never worked out - how were we supposed to know the numbers had to add up to 270? I got that from reading the thread here rather than from anything in the game.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:11 am

Thanks Simon. I think Jarek was heeding my earlier requests about not giving too much away, which is why he said they add up to 270.

As a logical sequence there are only a few sequences that split exactly down the middle and 89 - 90 - 91 is the most obvious one, so didn't think an extra clue was needed.

Of course if I was a question setter for Only Connect then the sequence could have been anything, but I would have left the solution as a clue somewhere (probably in a secret room only entered when wearing the sunglasses in a particular colour).