Dora to the Rescue (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Dora to the Rescue (HELP THREAD)

Post by Jarek » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:02 pm

I have: magic custard, deck of cards, chewing gum, walking stick, clock key used, screwdriver used, spray cleaner, mars bar, bag of cat poo, spanner, frying pan, secateurs used, machete used, pickaxe used, tasty cheese, fat rascal, lipstick, cigarette, what to do next ?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Dora to the Rescue (HELP THREAD)

Post by Grandad » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 am

Apart from the items used to activate the special abilities: run, jump, teleport, be invisible and stink stop, you have items to be used in Irish Land & Transvania (the other two destinations that can be opened up via Acme Travel), and some are used in Dress Code Town when you are a big girl :dizzy_rolleyes:

PS - there are over 85 items that can be collected :v2_dizzy_cheers:

Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Jarek » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:47 pm

How to get a toy plane? How to get on a bus going to Transylvania? How to be a big woman? How to enter the church? I have: magic custard, deck of cards, chewing gum, walking stick, clock key used, screwdriver used, spray cleaner, mars bar, bag of cat poo, spanner, frying pan, secateurs used, machete used, pickaxe used, tasty cheese, fat rascal, lipstick, cigarette, kamień, czerwony balon, francuski majonez, kostkę rubika, what to do next ? Translator does not translate properly. I do not understand dialogues in the game.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:22 am

Oh dear! failed again. I was determined not to post too early but I'm stuck and much earlier in the game than Jarek.
Items I have are: secateurs, bag of herbs, pottus fernus, pottus plantus, oak tree leaf, bleach, spray cleaner, smelly onion, screwdriver(used), crowbar(used), beer tankard, box of tissues, frying pan, tasty cheese.

I know I need to find keys for the blue crate and the grandfather clocks, I've also found the hidden buttons (red, green and yellow) behind the wall in the castle but I've gone through the book titles and can't get a clue from any of them. I've also seen the diagram above the door in one of the houses and need to find the last two buttons. I think that, as usual, I've missed something blindingly obvious so could I have a little hint please? ;)

Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Jarek » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:00 am

Search the clocks carefully.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:27 am

Sparkles - now you know why there's a picture of a clock in Theo's hallway as well as a whole library of books for you to check out - six per shelf.

Jarek, sorry about the language thing, but my Dora games are more about the humour, so most of the conversations are just extras, not part of the puzzle solving process.
1) the toy plane crashed somewhere
2) show the Transvania bus driver that you are a vampire
3) kiss the blarney stone in Irish Land to become a big woman (need the teleport ability)
4) church???? what church.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:39 am

Thanks Jarek, that's moved me on. Just have to find something large and very sharp now!!

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:53 pm

I've got to a point where I think I really need the ability to jump high. I have all the items except the snotty tissue[/color. I have the box of tissues but I'm b******d if I can work out how to make one snotty. :laugh:

Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Jarek » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:23 pm

Give a handkerchief to a man.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:33 pm

Thanks Jarek, I've tried the king the cook and the footman but I don't get the option to give them a tissue. Do i need another item as well?