A few days ago, we received a private message from a fan called David Rogers who discovered a Sega Mega Drive/Genesis ROM which appears to be prototype of Fantastic Dizzy.
He discovered the ROM on the server of the 'English Amiga Board' in a collection of other Sega ROMs.
You can download it here.
Also enclosed in the zip are descriptions and screenshots of all the differences and unfinished sections that are on this prototype.
There's a lot to go through on this thread alone but what I can point out.
- No Audio
- Dizzy missing from Codies screen
- No title and Intro
- Score doesn't work
- Unlimited Lives
- Palette changes on some sections
- Early graphics including a bigger Pogie
- The extra life Puzzle is a lot different.
And the controls are different too.
- 'A' Button makes Dizzy walk faster when held
- 'B' Button is Jump
- 'C' Button is Action/Pickup/Drop/Talk
- 'Start' button shows the Status/Inventory screen
Feel free to explore this prototype.
Again, there is lot more differences than what's been mentioned here.
One for the hardcore fans...
1 post • Page 1 of 1