Myst ..ified Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Myst ..ified Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Post by Grandad » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 am

Well done Armorog for finding yet another little bug for me to fix ...already fixed the lamp, added extra underwater rooms for the shark and Thelma and added an extra clue for the underground church.
Oh well, a little break in testing Steve's new Bago Bago Island game, will do my head good.

By the way, the 'proper' way to get the book was: noticing that the unbroken part of the bridge had a crack in it, so just having a quick jump near the edge made it break so that you can jump between both bits ...and then go back and shut the bars that open the book cache then leave and go round and jump over the bridge and then go and pick up the book.

edit: now sent an update to Adam that fixes all the little errors. Saved games won't work with the update as the map has been changed.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:57 pm

After trying for weeks, then giving up and coming back weeks later to try again I'm still stuck at the very beginning. All I've done is place two gems. I've tried every door, window, button, switch, blank wall, fence post, etc dozens of times each and I can't find any thing.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:55 am

SnrTrooper - have you found the lighter in the mine yet. Having it in your inventory when you enter the unlit tunnels will give Dizzy just enough light to see an unlit torch - and the third gem is in one of the unlit tunnels.

benefactor
Free Range Egg

Post by benefactor » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:23 pm

I can't find the combination of the colored buttons to go to the last book. What is the logic behind the clue on the poster? Help me please.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Grandad wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:55 am
SnrTrooper - have you found the lighter in the mine yet. Having it in your inventory when you enter the unlit tunnels will give Dizzy just enough light to see an unlit torch - and the third gem is in one of the unlit tunnels.
Ugh... I knew it was going to be something a two year old could have figured out. :embarassed:

zibi
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by zibi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:16 pm

benefactor wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:23 pm
I can't find the combination of the colored buttons to go to the last book. What is the logic behind the clue on the poster? Help me please.
ROB ROY is the answer.

benefactor
Free Range Egg

Post by benefactor » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks for the tip. Finished with 100 points. Thanks for playing.

hammermalc
Free Range Egg

Post by hammermalc » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 am

FINISHED, great game Grandad. Sparkles, thank you for your help. :v2_dizzy_cheers:

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:22 am

Finished but with only 90 points. I know one is the chest at the beginning. Unlike everyone else I can't find the coin. The other one I'm not sure about. The only thing I can find is the rock pile blocking the shelf in the rock/paper/scissors puzzle but I can't seem to do anything with it and the only items I have left are the lighter and jar (and roses to be used later).

Also the only clue in the Clue Hall I haven't figured out what it goes with is the playing cards on the far left under the alphabet. I'm not sure if that is what I should be focusing on but since everything else there is for main story puzzles I'm guessing I already figured that out without realizing it.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks Benefactor and hammermalc, glad you liked it.

You're thinking too much SnTrooper. If you completed the 'spock, lizard, rock, paper, scissors' sequence in the yellow room then you get a 5 points bonus. You can't shift the rocks.

The playing cards were just a hint to indicate that the symbols above were the western alphabet, which is why the 'J', 'Q' and 'K' were highlighted - the real clue to the 'machines' under the beehive is elsewhere in that room.

Armorog should help with the missing coin and typical of me, the second to last bonus is giving Daisy the roses and getting 100 points which then gives the bonus ending of Daisy reliving her Daisy the Dominatrix days and Dizzy being extremely happy about it :v2_dizzy_cheers: