Myst ..ified Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Myst ..ified Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Post by The Armorog » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:25 pm

I don't know if this is a bug, but...
if I drop down into the water, put the fish in the bucket, then hurry left (while my oxygen is running out)
I can just make it onto a black screen, which I fall through - then appear in the yellow area, near where
Thelma's partner can be found! Without losing a life. If it is intentional, it's weird there's a totally black screen
between the two areas.
Actually the first time I tried this I managed without dying, but every time I try again I can't quite make it
to the black screen without drowning
:dizzy_mad:

Lee
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Lee » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:10 pm

I made it to the black screen on both sides and dropped into the yellow world,On the shark side you drop down onto the bird,which obviously kills you.Then I remembered to use the orange book,which gives you enough time to speak to Thelma and look at the shark cage without losing a life (if done separately).
The lighter you are finished with,though I thought it might have been needed in combination with three of the remaining items (that's a giveaway).
Opening the window gives 5 pointts but have you investigated all the other windows?

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:21 pm

Of course, the book! Silly me.
As for the windows, I managed to jump onto another window (screen with a button in the wall) and jumping right from that got me into a secret room, where I got 5 points. But I haven’t found any other window ledges.
I figure the bud needs sunlight - but I can’t see how to do that, thought I might be able to dig it up and take it outside, but no.
Is there anywhere in the game I can find the combination of colours for the buttons that let me access the last book?

Lee
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Lee » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:57 pm

The secret room was what I meant so you've done that.
Not sunlight but so obvious you'll kick yourself.
There's a poster in Quiggie Hall which gives the clue for the coloured buttons.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:12 pm

I'm up to 85points but I haven't found the red roses. Items I have left are, black marker pen and the lighter
I need to sort out the plant and the rocks blocking the hole and then the buttons by the lilac book. Could I have a hint (or several would do!!!!) please.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:56 am

Sparkles you'll find the roses in the red area. You haven't finished pushing bricks that click yet, as the roses I think will be the last thing you find there. I also haven't got a clue about the buttons to get the last book...as for the bud, I've just figured that out and Lee, you're right - I am kicking myself!! Let's just say that Dizzy and the bud aren't so different, healthwise...
I haven't got anything to get through that pile of rocks.
I've only got an lighter and bunch of roses left
By the way, you can use the black marker pen to get 5 bonus points somewhere! What would a naughty schoolkid do with a marker pen?

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:39 am

This is infuriating! I just worked out the button combination from one of the posters in the clue area, fully expecting to get my hands on that final book... but Grandad you're a complete and total @?*%!! So is there some way for me to fix the section of walkway that's broken over the water?

hammermalc
Free Range Egg

Post by hammermalc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:08 am

Can someone please tell me how yo get the blue liquid. :hitwall: :hitwall:

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:07 am

Hammermalc, take an empty jar to the place where you replenish energy and hold it under the blue drip. Hope this helps.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:32 pm

Finished at last...but only because I found another bug. I didn't have a clue how to get to the book after I'd opened the gate, but I discovered a little cheat involving standing in a particular spot when pushing the last button.
Nice one Grandad, I was much amused by the interaction with Daisy at the end, both with and without 100 points!