Myst ..ified Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Myst ..ified Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Post by Sparkles 49 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:54 pm

Thank you Lee. Have done the blue liquid and am now working out how to turn the water off.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:11 pm

I've got the metal pipe, lighter, fuse, small stone and piece of cheese, and made liquid from the 2 pieces of fruit in the maze. I can't understand what to do next from any of the comments above, cryptic or direct! How do I open the red door & stop the leak, unblock the door with the pile of rocks, what's it got to do with the room with heart-shaped wallpaper or the buxom woman??

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:52 pm

Armarog, you need to concentrate on getting the liquids so you can get the potion, then you will be able to open the red door. Collecting fruit and blending has made us all think that it has to be four pieces of fruit. You need to think laterally!!
Go to the yellow world (take a jar and the small stone with you). Make it summer and eat the purple fruit. Then go to blue world again with another empty jar. Go to where the second lot of acid rain is and use the drip that gives you life.

I'm still trying to work out how to turn the water off so if you crack that before me, would you give me a hint please! :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping:

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:43 pm

Thank you Sparkles. Sometimes I prefer just to be given direct instructions and told what to do, rather than all these hints and cryptic suggestions! I've now found the page where the water should be turned off....and this being a Grandad game, of course it's not just a simple wheel to turn, but a combination of ****ing buttons...

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:01 am

I'm still trying to work it out. Everytime I think I've got the sequence right they all go green again. Is this part of Grandad's rhyming clue? If so it doesn't help. :say_no:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:03 am

Sigh! I didn't think my brain was that weird, but here is the way to turn off the water (and turn it back on again later):

In the room next to the 'buxom lady' the green symbols on the wall are in the same order as the green 'valves' on the pipes. The pentagram has five red symbols on it. When you press a button on the pipes puzzle the valve turns from green to red. So, to turn the water off, press the buttons for the 'red symbols' on the pentagram.

From left to right it's buttons 2,3,6,7,9 and you'll hear the stone block hit the floor. To save a lot of faffing about when you need to go back to the 'kitchen' area, just press any of those buttons again and the block will rise up again. Then re-press that particular button to turn the water off again rather than start from scratch as pressing buttons 1,4,5 or 8 will turn off all the valves.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:44 am

Thank you Grandad. Sorry I'm so thick. I was thinking about the pentagram but you know what it's like once you've got an idea in your head, trying to think of something else can be difficult.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:14 pm

I'm into the brown area, and have pack of burgers, bread buns, metal pipe, lighter, empty bucket and piece of cheese. Can't fill the bucket with water anywhere (presumably to rescue the wilting bud), and still only have 60 points so maybe I've missed some bonus points. Would love to finish with 100 points if possible! Any hints from anybody further ahead than me?

NB: I've just worked out what the metal pipe is for - now it's 65 points, but am still none the wiser about getting further...

Lee
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Lee » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:13 am

There's one item you don't have which means you haven't finished in the red area yet.I think using the pipe also activates more of the push bricks.There's something else to do for bonus points in the red area as well which is quite obvious if you look at your items.
Freeing the shark activates a bonus elsewhere.Something you've probably done already to no effect.
Have you explored the yellow area thoroughly because there's someone to meet who sets a task which requires the bucket.
It's not water you need for the plant.I think the text said it was damp enough already.Again,quite obvious what it needs.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:04 pm

When I used the metal pipe on one of the shields to get 5 bonus points, it disappeared from my inventory.
I've found the red roses in the red area, but I can't find anywhere to use them. I opened a window in the kitchen,
but it doesn't let me get outside.
Other than that, I can't find anywhere to use the cheese/burgers/bread buns/empty bucket/lighter/empty jar in the red area.
Thanks for the tips - the only character I'd found in the yellow area to interact with was the fish asking if I'd found Thelma. I have found Thelma now, but drown when I go down there without the aqualung.
Thanks for the tips - off now to keep trying!
Last edited by The Armorog on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.