Hi Everyone : I have Written A New Dizzy Game now downloadable

Tell the community about yourself.
stevejohnstone3
Free Range Egg

Hi Everyone : I have Written A New Dizzy Game now downloadable

Post by stevejohnstone3 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi Everyone

Great site.

I am a new member, so I am saying hello.

I have written a new dizzy game.

It is now available to download on the main site, many thanks to Adz.M for all your help uploading the game. :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Link : [http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/game.php?id=315

Link : [http://www.yolkfolk.com/games/dizzy-in-bago-bago-island

I hope you all enjoy it.

Any questions or need help then ask me.

Thanks.

Steve
Programmer of Dizzy In Bago Bago Island.
Programmer of Dizzy's Search for Dozy
Programmer of Dizzy's Return To Bago Bago Island.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Hi Everyone : I have Written A New Dizzy Game now downloadable

Post by Grandad » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:15 am

Nice one Steve - about time we got a new game ..so a big fat welcome from me :tup:

stevejohnstone3
Free Range Egg

Post by stevejohnstone3 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Thanks Grandad

I have played your games and they are all Fantastic. :v2_dizzy_clapping:

I hope to make a few more this year, I am already working on the follow up to Dizzy in Bago Bago Island.

I will not give away too much of the plot right now, until most Dizzyite's complete the game.

Thanks.

Steve

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Welcome aboard! And congratulations on having written a game yourself, I will give it a bash. :v2_dizzy_cheers:

stevejohnstone3
Free Range Egg

Post by stevejohnstone3 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Thanks a lot frogandhat.

I hope you enjoy the game if your stuck then just ask for help on the fans games help subsection.

Steve

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:17 am

Spent most of yesterday playing and loving it. Got 10 coins so far and am busy exploring the teleport areas.

Looking forward to Frog & Hat having a heart attack over some of your spelling and grammar :dizzy_mad:

Only one bug so far: OUT THE SEA room - you can get stuck in the top left hand corner (I was jumping to see if there was a secret passage).

OK, now to spend all of Tuesday in Bago Bago Land :v2_dizzy_clapping:

stevejohnstone3
Free Range Egg

Post by stevejohnstone3 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:44 pm

Thanks Grandad.

Only one bug mhh, that's not bad for me ha ha ha, but the game is still Playable?

As you know, when you are just testing a game yourself, it is very hard to test everything, you can be testing it for days or weeks :dizzy_wink:

I would love to release my next game to testers first, so as they can tell me any minor problems and I can fix them, f you fancy the job I would be very proud?, or if any one else wants to test my next game then let me know in a private messages Thanks. :cool:

I am already working on a follow up, you need to complete the game then you will get why I am making a follow up game, and I have had to re-write some of the custom code especially in the Handlers.gs file for parts of my new game to work properly, and I was shocked it all worked first time after re-writing some custom code. :v2_dizzy_confused3:

I am learning all the time about the Game Engine, and all the functions, I am sure it will take me months to fully understand everything.

But I am sure if I get stuck I can ask you, you are much more advanced then me the now, as I said I have played all your games, and you where one of the reasons I decided to make my own game, your games are FANTASTIC thanks for writing them :v2_dizzy_clapping:

And off course I remember playing all the original Dizzy games on the Commodore 64, and they where great, so when I found out ALEXANDRU SIMION AND CRISTINA SIMION had wrote the Dizzy Engine, I was determined to make my first game, many thanks to the aformentioned.

Ohh and my spelling errors hee hee hee, I basically wrote the game on the fly, and I started with a tree and just went from there, and read bits of the books, and came up with Dizzy In Bago Bago Island, I should have had a story board and thought about it more especially the Dialogues, I am already 1/4 way finished with my second game, and I started with a bit of grass, and just went from there again ha ha ha,

My next game after this I am going to go Professional X)

Many thanks again Grandad.

Steve

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Aren't coders supposed to get more confident and ambitious with each subsequent project being bigger than the last? But you have gone from starting with a tree to starting with grass. Keep going like that and the third game will be microscopic starting with a grain of sand! :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

stevejohnstone3
Free Range Egg

Post by stevejohnstone3 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:22 pm

Ha Ha Ha :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

That's a great idea start with a grain of sand, then go to a microscope for the fourth game Hee Hee Hee :v2_dizzy_cheers:

Just Joking :tup:

Thanks

Steve

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:17 am

Steve, there's some coding I found interesting, such as dropping down the cave in the screen under the star pirate (yes, I've drawn a map!!) by going left then right - but don't want to crack open the pak file and have a look until I've finished the game ..nor am I looking at the 'help' thread (yet!!).

Might take a while as I've only just used the 'visibility potion' ...and have to check out another 'invisibility' area I found (where the rain changes colour), but happy to lend a hand with the new game once I've finished this one.