Reality Rips Dizzy v1.3 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Reality Rips Dizzy v1.3 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Postby Grandad » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:41 pm

Oh boy, another new game from Grandad, guaranteed to mess with your mind. :v2_dizzy_jawdrop:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:32 pm

According to Yolkfolk's games database, this is your 35th game. :p

It's now up on Yolkfolk. :)

v1.3

:egg: Yolkfolk.com
:egg: DizzyAGE

:egg: Help Thread

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Hooray, another Grandad game! :v2_dizzy_cheers: I am already getting my brain scrambled! Usual quota of rotten puzzles, gags and 80's / 90's sitcom references, eggcellent! :v2_dizzy_clapping:
A couple of minor issues I have found so far - the chilli pepper keeps getting called a chile, until you use it when it is spelt chili, but when you use that object it reverts to the country again, and at the wailing wall you can pass through the lamp post which is usually your barrier, but just hit the edge of the screen and can't progress further right.
Insert signature here

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:04 am

Cheers Frogman, I've always known 'them' as chile peppers so have just dug out my big, fat Oxford dictionary and noticed that they can be spelt 'chilli', 'chili', or 'chile' (no capital). However, consistency is top dog, so I'll choose one version and amend all other references ...after all, can't have a game without at least one update to remove bugs :v2_dizzy_rolleyes:

35 games! wow - lucky I live in a third floor flat, otherwise there'd be comments about living in the basement of my mother's house :p

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:10 pm

Grandad wrote:Cheers Frogman, I've always known 'them' as chile peppers so have just dug out my big, fat Oxford dictionary and noticed that they can be spelt 'chilli', 'chili', or 'chile' (no capital).

I have always known them as chilli peppers, but in order to check my spelling for the post above I checked our pot of chilli powder and noticed that the label said chili powder - but the ingredients included chilli pepper! Go figure.
Downt yew jusst luv inglish :dizzy_smile:
Insert signature here

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:54 am

v1.1 should now be up. :)

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I gave v1.0 a whirl last night and found a major bug.

When buying a ticket from pothole island to keldor island, the ticket doesn't appear after talking to the clerk and giving her a coin. When I talk to her again, Dizzy says he's already bought a ticket.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:44 am

Can't replicate the error Simon. Dizzy won't buy a ticket from either ferry women if he hasn't used a bought ticket on the ferry and will always buy a ticket from either one as long as he's got a coin. (Even tried the old 'dev = 1' to flip back and forth to check it out and it still works fine). I'm at a loss :v2_dizzy_confused3:

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:02 pm

It's very odd. I started a new game and the return trip works fine in that. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

In the old game, I'd solved the mars bar, got the butterfly net and gave the cheese to the pizzeria before going back for the rest of my items. I had 6 coins when I tried to buy the ticket.

EDIT: I've had another look with dev mode on. What's happening is that when I buy the ticket, it appears on the screen with Dylan's and Grand-Dizzy's huts. I've no idea why. Maybe I dropped it there earlier in the game?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:07 am

Oh, what am I like!!! I should change my name to Richard (or at least a shortened form) - when doing the coding I forgot that items in the inventory are not being carried around, so this idiot only reset the x axis when the ferry ticket was used, not the y axis ...sigh, another update needed. :hitwall: