Legend of Daisy: A Diz to the Past (DEMO) v1.0 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Legend of Daisy: A Diz to the Past (DEMO) v1.0 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Postby AndyG » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Holy cracknell! Who else is crying with excitement over the preview of the new Zelda released this week?! I know I am. And if I may also hijack this hype for my own gain...

A few more tweaks and fixes and the demo version of my own Zelda-themed Dizzy game will be ready! It mostly follows the SNES one, and so far you can rescue the princess and then beat the first dungeon. It's taken me about a year to get this far, and I'm thinking another year before it's all done - whereupon you can expect two more dungeons before the showdown with Zaks!

Also - optional side quests? Yes please daddy! Time travel puzzles? Why certainly! A lengthy trading sequence resulting in not much of interest? Well... You can see how I'm spoiling you..

In fact, in the spirit of the old codemasters self-praise on their boxes and title screens, here's what they're already saying about Legend of Daisy:
Miraculous! - A. Goulding
Deserves more attention than the Bible! - Andy G
I'd hear my own grandmother thrashed within an inch of her life in an Amsterdam torture garden before I heard a bad word said against this game! - AndyG (Yolkfolk forums)

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:30 pm

Very curious to see what you've done Andy. Your other games were both really creative and interesting. :)

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:29 pm

Let me know when It's ready so I can upload it to Yolkfolk. :)

jmcf81
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby jmcf81 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:08 pm

AndyG wrote:
In fact, in the spirit of the old codemasters self-praise on their boxes and title screens, here's what they're already saying about Legend of Daisy:
Miraculous! - A. Goulding
Deserves more attention than the Bible! - Andy G
I'd hear my own grandmother thrashed within an inch of her life in an Amsterdam torture garden before I heard a bad word said against this game! - AndyG (Yolkfolk forums)

HAHA :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol: :v2_dizzy_lol:

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyG » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Thanks a lot Noggin! Very nice of you :D Well it's all done and dusted now, just need to work out how to send it to Adam - but I always have problems with this. The new Windows is a bit of a pain and probably doesn't help... Oh well!

I'm now free to try the latest addition from yesterday anyway :D

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:12 pm

It's now up on Yolkfolk. :)

:egg: Yolkfolk.com
:egg: DizzyAGE

:egg: Help Thread (not yet available)

This does look fantastic after a quick play around. :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:

I had a spot of bother trying to download the zip file via E-mail, but the really odd thing is that after saving the zip onto OneDrive, I downloaded it successfully and got to work getting it on the site. :laugh:

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyG » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Fantastic! Thanks a lot Adam :v2_dizzy_yahoo: :v2_dizzy_yahoo: :v2_dizzy_yahoo:

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:26 am

Downloading now, thanks.
When I want to transfer large files, I use a website called wetransfer.com. This allows you to upload files up to 2Gb on the free version, and you get a link to send to the recipient. The files are deleted from the server after 7 days. No client to download, it's clean and free. :v2_dizzy_cool:
Insert signature here

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyG » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:24 am

Nice one :) . Do you know what Winzip does that's special? On a few occasions I was almost tricked into buying it because I thought I needed it to zip/unzip files, forgetting that Windows can do this just fine. And the new Windows bugged me because it kept asking me what program I wanted to use to open my .gs (script) files, and refused to remember my answer. Oh well, taking a breather from it all now :D

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby EgoTrip » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:18 pm

AndyG wrote:Nice one :) . Do you know what Winzip does that's special? On a few occasions I was almost tricked into buying it because I thought I needed it to zip/unzip files, forgetting that Windows can do this just fine. And the new Windows bugged me because it kept asking me what program I wanted to use to open my .gs (script) files, and refused to remember my answer. Oh well, taking a breather from it all now :D

If you want to use an external program for your file compression/archive needs, use 7zip. Its completely free, and infinitely better than Winzip, uncompresses rars and all the other main types of compression too.