My Sad News

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Post Reply
Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Yorkshire

My Sad News

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Tue May 07, 2019 7:50 pm

All,

Some of you may have been aware my dad was not well from some time back, following two years of frequent commuting back and forth after his major stroke which left him with the paralysis I had moved from Lancashire back to Yorkshire in January to be with him at home fully. However it was the cancer diagnosed shortly after the stroke that finally took him.

Sadly on 17th April 2019 in the middle of the night my dad passed away with me by his side, the funeral service is tomorrow 08th May 2019 to say my final farewell. It was all a bit of a shock as was so rapid in the end and I wasn't expecting the speed at which the deterioration took place, least to say I was particularly upset but tomorrow we give him a great send off :v2_dizzy_down:

User avatar
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk
Posts: 3029
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:43 am
Location: Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Re: My Sad News

Post by Adz.M » Wed May 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi Matt.

I am deeply sorry to hear about your father.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Stay strong, mate.

User avatar
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: london

Re: My Sad News

Post by quiggie » Thu May 09, 2019 8:28 pm

Oh Matt I'm really sorry to hear that, its such a big loss. I found exactly the same as you looking after my mum you know its coming but the end was just so distressing to watch. I really hope you have good people around & lots of fond memories to look back on when your ready. Its wonderful that you were with him all the way thru & I'm sure it'll be a lovely send off, i'll be thinking of you. Best wishes to you all, Take care Matt xxx

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: My Sad News

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat May 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Adz.M wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:11 pm
Hi Matt.

I am deeply sorry to hear about your father.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Stay strong, mate.

Many thanks Adz, its been a difficult last few years looking after from his stroke.

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: My Sad News

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat May 11, 2019 5:57 pm

quiggie wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:28 pm
Oh Matt I'm really sorry to hear that, its such a big loss. I found exactly the same as you looking after my mum you know its coming but the end was just so distressing to watch. I really hope you have good people around & lots of fond memories to look back on when your ready. Its wonderful that you were with him all the way thru & I'm sure it'll be a lovely send off, i'll be thinking of you. Best wishes to you all, Take care Matt xxx
Hi Quiggie, good to hear from you again and many thanks, sorry to hear of your mum also but exactly as you say but so pleased I got back when I did so had that bit of time and was with him through to him passing, lots of fond memories yes. Was a great service and send off, very well attended, was just unfortunate with the particularly poor weather at the cemetery but otherwise we did dad proud....very kind with the best wishes and thinking of us, its been so tough, not just lost my dad but my best friend, my best supporter and closest person in life to me so yes a big loss xx

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 2970
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:47 am
Location: England, Suffolk

Re: My Sad News

Post by Meph » Sat May 11, 2019 7:05 pm

:v2_dizzy_down:

I've read about the struggles you've had for the past couple of years it seems, but i never really know what to say in situations like that, i just imagine how difficult it is. But it seems things changed very quickly over previous few months and It appears you're dealing with it as well as anyone could, maybe being a little bit prepared or expecting helps take that shock factor away.

Anyway, take comfort with friends and family.

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: My Sad News

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Mon May 13, 2019 7:09 pm

Meph wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:05 pm
:v2_dizzy_down:

I've read about the struggles you've had for the past couple of years it seems, but i never really know what to say in situations like that, i just imagine how difficult it is. But it seems things changed very quickly over previous few months and It appears you're dealing with it as well as anyone could, maybe being a little bit prepared or expecting helps take that shock factor away.

Anyway, take comfort with friends and family.
Indeed with my posts Meph particularly the last few months, is difficult granted, but yes was very rapid in the end and sadly the doctor told me completely wrong so wasn't expecting the speed at the end, turned out just days not months as was told so why was in a bit of shock, also was hoping once back i'd of got more time with dad but wasn't to be as much as i'm grateful I got some time nonetheless, feels I got caught out somewhat at the end but for just over the last half day when they suddenly said, thanks.

Post Reply