Wonderland Dizzy - Released!

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Wonderland Dizzy - Released!

Post by Adz.M » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm sure many of you will remember reading about Wonderland Dizzy - The adventure that never saw the light of day.......until now!

That's right! This is the Dizzy reveal we've been waiting for!
The NES adventure featuring Dizzy and Daisy as playable characters is now available to play online (and to download too if you have an NES Emulator).

The special thanks for making this release possible goes to Łukasz Kur from Świat Dizzy who recieved a floppy disk from The Oliver Twins containing the data from the game.

Wonderland Dizzy also has It's on website featuring the game itself, the trailer for the game, the story of the game's discovery and details of the exclusive #IBeatDizzy Competition.

This game's entry on our Games Database has now been moved from the Unreleased Games section to the Official Adventure Games section.

Hope you all enjoy playing this long lost Dizzy adventure!

:egg: Visit the Wonderland Dizzy website
:egg: The Wonderland Dizzy games database entry

ПАУК
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ПАУК » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Great thanks to Oliver Twins for this wonderful game! :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:

This my #IBEATDIZZY screen: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 306&type=3 :dizzy_cool:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Cute game, but the jumping issue really spoils the fun, I took me nearly 20 minutes to reach the Caterpillar, sometimes Dizzy would jump and other times he wanted a running start and it's quite frustrating, plus the moves so fast I keep falling off the drawbridge.

Music is really poor.

But love how the bugs stun Dizzy instead of killing him or using a health bar, the bird in the clouds near the Volcano is a nightmare. lol

My Magicland knowledge is slowly coming back to me as I play it.
I suspect someone will make a Dizzyage version in the future lol, it's a bit too similar to Magicland but it's interesting how they based it on that considering they never made Magicland themselves.

p.s the forum keeps logging me out automatically after a couple of minutes, it keeps doing it while I type of messages.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

ПАУК
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ПАУК » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:41 am

About the bugs... I found some...

1. After start game if you take Holy Water, then Black Cat and go to the Witch, You can see this:

2. From the sky you can get through the wall to the tower:
Image Image

3. This bug just on "Fun Mode". From the sky you can get to the Earth center:
Image Image

Anybody fix them?

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:13 pm

Is there a way to drop the broom with out having to knock yourself off using a bird?
finished now.

Nice game, not as epic as the Magicland counterpart but nice and tidy like Prince of the Yolkfolk, just different enough not to feel like a complete Magicland rehash. Nice and quick to and with this and Fantastic dizzy and Go Dizzy go, Dizzy is nicely represented for the 90s and it's generation of computers., pity it didn't continue (Dreamword pogie next?)

Also pretty cool so close that chapter of Dizzy's life, and finally all that hard work 22 years ago to make the game hasn't gone to waste!! awesome.

Took me ages to work out how to use the trampoline, I should have checked to controls sooner, I was using the down arrow for items and up to jump so didn't think I needed anymore. lol The star right across the volcano was a pain, no idea how I even got it as the broom kept bouncing away, then all of a sudden I got it.

ПАУК
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ПАУК » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:52 am

Meph wrote:Is there a way to drop the broom with out having to knock yourself off using a bird?
Use key "Z" to jump if you play onlain => http://yolkfolk.com/playdizzy/htp.htm

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:24 am

Meph wrote:Is there a way to drop the broom with out having to knock yourself off using a bird?
It's the Jump button (not the directional button).

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:44 pm

lol I was using the up arrow to jump and down to pick things up, found the 'proper' buttons eventually. I did change them when I first played the game but completely forgot about the controls last night.

Oh well, gonna see if I can beat some of theses quick times :P