Crystal Kingdom Dizzy RPG (DEMO) [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
decanos78
Free Range Egg

Post by decanos78 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:49 pm

thanks adz.m BUT it seems some people are having problems running the game,
im in progress of trying to sort that out to see if its a game encyption error, or
just the fact their pc's cant run it.. I'll let you know either way.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm

OK, I'll wait until I hear back from you. :)

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:56 pm

decanos78 wrote:OKAY! err.. they are both zip files.. un-zip them.. install the rgss-rtp first then in the ckd-rpg
file, that you have un-zipped, double click the file that has a orange sun like icon, this will start
the game.
Sorry, I meant to reply to this yesterday.

As I said, I've unzipped and installed everything, and double clicking on the sun-like icon called CDK-RPG - DEMO V1 does nothing at all. Literally nothing - no error, nothing happening at all.

I'm running XP 32bit Service Pack 3, with enough memory to beat a Russian Grandmaster and enough speed to give Usain Bolt a run for his money.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

decanos78
Free Range Egg

NEW version 1.1 DEMO

Post by decanos78 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:02 am

Here it is guys, the NEW demo, this one will work now.. tested and tried
on like 7 different pcs/laptops..

ADZ.M - you can add this version now to yolkfolk if you wish ^^ thankyou
for taking the time to up this on here.

The demo download link is edited on the first page's first post, just follow
instructions and you wont go wrong.

Enjoy.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Thank for the links.

I'm sorry to say this, but uploading the demo onto Yolkfolk maybe a problem. The filesize is 284MB.
I've been told in the past that I shouldn't upload files over 30MB, I think It's because the site's FTP server can't manage or keep files that big. I'll have to check with the site admins.

mickyblueeyes
Hard Boiled Egg
Location: Bury now, but lived all over this part of Lancashire

Post by mickyblueeyes » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:15 pm

OK I've downloaded this from dropbox and installed according to decanos' instructions.
game runs on my 1.7Gh/1Gb 3 year old laptop :laugh: but struggles a bit with the water effects :umm:
First impressions- a mix of Zelda and final fantasy games with a Dizzy twist. familiar game play so not too hard to get into.
working my way through the menu system, (found the save option, yipee!), all seems straightforward, I quite like this demo but need to set aside some time to play it properly. Well done.
:v2_dizzy_clapping:

PS. I hate those rabbits!!!
(and the squirrels.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

decanos78
Free Range Egg

Post by decanos78 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:25 pm

mickyblueeyes wrote:OK I've downloaded this from dropbox and installed according to decanos' instructions.
game runs on my 1.7Gh/1Gb 3 year old laptop :laugh: but struggles a bit with the water effects :umm:
First impressions- a mix of Zelda and final fantasy games with a Dizzy twist. familiar game play so not too hard to get into.
working my way through the menu system, (found the save option, yipee!), all seems straightforward, I quite like this demo but need to set aside some time to play it properly. Well done.
:v2_dizzy_clapping:

PS. I hate those rabbits!!!
(and the squirrels.)

Lol "HATE those rabbits & squirrels".. had me laughing for a while.. i did actually change their stats as they were too
hard at first.. not sure tho if I had changed it for the demo or not.. cant remember, best to just walk right and get to the yolkfolk village and get daisy in ur party first... she gets a HEAL spell at lvl 2 which helps a lot, (you can also rest in dizzys treehouse if you walk into his bed). Keep in mind tho.. for the
die hard fans.. you can actually play through the game without daisy, even game dialogue changes if shes not with you, at some point theo joins you too if you talk to him, though again you don't have to have him if you dont want to, pogie WILL join you at some point anyhows, (pogie & theo are not in the game demo).

As your laptop stats go.. Im not suprised, even MY laptop has some issues playing the game, like lag issues in the big
city's if my laptop is slightly hot where it's been on for hours, luckily tho the game runs fine on my towerstack with no
issues at all. Just, im using my laptop to make this game.

Adz.M - I don't mind, it will stay on dropbox anyhows.. so maybe you can just put a link to the dropbox page or
something, I gathered that maybe uploading this game to yolkfolk mite be an issue as the games a lot more
bigger in the meaning of file size than all the other games on here for d/l .. just glad someone pointed out the
dropbox, which I didnt know about.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Sorry It's taken me a long time to get back to you, finally finished downloading the game! :laugh:

Anyway, here the Game's database entry on Yolkfolk :)
http://www.yolkfolk.com/site/games.php?game_id=195

Let's hope those Dropbox links stay working. Remember, the file size for the Demo is 284MB! :O

Everything that Dean's mentioned about this game (i.e. How to Install) is also on the page. :)

I've just had a small go on the game, and it truly looks amazing! :v2_dizzy_happy: I hope you'll be able to finish making the game and also deal with the filesize too.

Good luck to you! :cool: