Magicland-Wonderland?

Devil on your sholder? or just got your head in the clouds?
geekgirl101
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by geekgirl101 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:21 am

Most of the Dizzy games got ported onto the early consoles which were Atari and Amiga and there was some ported to PC DOS too. When the later consoles came out which were Sega, NES, and Amiga CD32 there was a couple of ports, not many though. I'll give you a nice little list:

Fantastic Dizzy: NES, NES Plugin, Sega GG, Sega MS, Sega MD, Sega MD duo cart with Cosmic Spacehead, Sega Genesis (Sega versions were renamed to Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy)

Dizzy the Adventurer: NES, NES Aladdin, Sega MS (port of Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk)

Quattro Adventure: NES, NES Aladdin (featured a port of Treasure Island Dizzy)

Quattro Arcade: NES (featured Go! Dizzy Go! This is arguably a port of Fast Food, the Olivers are best to confirm that for you.)

The Excellent Dizzy Collection: Sega GG, Sega MS (compilation of Dizzy the Adventurer, Go! Dizzy Go! and Panic Dizzy which was a port of Dizzy Panic!)

Big 6: Amiga CD32 (compilation of Crystal Kingdom Dizzy, Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk, Fantastic Dizzy, Magicland Dizzy, Spellbound Dizzy, and Treasure Island Dizzy.)

If you were meaning if Wonderland Dizzy was to be aimed at other consoles besides the NES Aladdin and Sega MS then no, it was already ported to the earlier consoles (Atari and Amiga) under its original name Magicland Dizzy but I don't think there was any future plans to port it to anything else since the NES, Megadrive, Genesis and Master System was old news by that time and the last official ports were to the Amiga CD32 under their original names.

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 am

That is kinda funny how CodeMasters came up with the new title "Go Dizzy Go" for a game that was just another remake of Kwik Snax, while they reused the name "Panic Dizzy" in The Excellent Dizzy Collection for a whole new puzzle game.

But wasn't it the Nintendo versions of Fantastic Dizzy that were called "The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy"? I think those came first, and then they decided to shorten the title for ports to other systems.

geekgirl101
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by geekgirl101 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:05 am

Hmm, I think you're right. Seems the NES version got released before the Amiga version, so that would mean its original name would've been The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy. I stand corrected. :P

I'm not entirely certain if Go! Dizzy Go! is just a port of an existing game, but it does look remarkably similar to Fast Food and Kwik Snax. It could very well have just been a new game like Fantastic Dizzy was and that game ideas for arcade versions were just rehashing pac-man styles as that's all they had the time for, plus it's easier to develop (read - lazier!!!)

Augustyn
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Augustyn » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:21 am

Hey,I have awesome news here:
From what I was able to gather,Dizzy9,has an beta wonderland cartridge.
He's waiting for tools to come,so he can dump ROM image(he bought tools on ebay).
I've seen photos but I was not allowed to post them.
(Well,I was not allowed to post this info,but actually,he never said that*)
*He never said if i can or not post this info.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Go dizzy Go certainly follows on were fast food and kwik sank left off.
It's different enough not to be a 'remake' plus it's good fun in two player. One of the better arcade Dizzy games, i enjoyed it.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Dizzy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Augustyn wrote:Hey,I have awesome news here:
From what I was able to gather,Dizzy9,has an beta wonderland cartridge.
He's waiting for tools to come,so he can dump ROM image(he bought tools on ebay).
I've seen photos but I was not allowed to post them.
(Well,I was not allowed to post this info,but actually,he never said that*)
*He never said if i can or not post this info.
I doubt this to be the case that Dizzy9 has a beta wonderland Dizzy cartridge, especially after his outburst toward myself getting my own files together.

Having said that. It would be good if he did manage to get hold of one as I have heard that they did make this at some point.
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm waiting for Dumping device...it's not like copy-paste ...
anyway...I asked Oliver Twins(Philip oliver to be precise) about dumping Wonderlnad legality.But they still not responded.
They can block dumping game by Law.
But one photo won't send me to jail,right? :)
http://img26.imageshack.us/i/sitfocia.jpg
Like someone mentioned(Augustyn?) game lack Diamonds and items...

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Haha, Weirdhenge looks tiny compared to the screen size! And is that a Treasure Island Dizzy sprite?

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Hehe,It's always smaller in NES.
Compare Mario Bros 3 doom ship from GBA to NES's,or Dragon form Fantastic Dizzy(Genesis) to it's NES version... ;)
And,yeah,it's look like TID sprite.
Camerica was gone by that time(?) do they were alone with making games...Also They had no right to camerica mapper...I wonder which one they used?

Kogasa
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Kogasa » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:33 am

Anything new about Wonderland Dizzy?
When we can play it?