Sorry newbie questions; any help would be great!

Need help with using DizzyAGE then look here
Captain Jonesy
Your Backpack is Empty

Sorry newbie questions; any help would be great!

Post by Captain Jonesy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi people,

I'm new to dizzy editing and I'm currently creating my 1st dizzy game/level and I've become stuck with creating climbable rope where I'm encountered two problems; I would be really grateful if anyone on here could help, thanks in advice. Here goes...

1.) First issue is actually creating the rope item in the first place in the level editor as I've been using tile id =121, copying and pasting the single rope tile (15 tiles long) to create a one single object but when you right click to adjust the properies, you can't select the whole object as treats this rope as 15 different objects/tiles, is there a way to select them all and group as one object to adjust the properies as one object?

2.) How do you enable the rope to function as a rope to be climbable? I tried adjusting an object's (different object to test the function) class to "action" and the materal to "climb" and doesn't seem to work? Do I write some script to enable this? If so, what would I need write to enable this?

Like I say any help would be awesome and thanks in advice.

Jonesy :O

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Cap'n ..when you select the rope 'square' in tile 121, in flip, turn it right so that it is vertical then click on the map at the spot for the top of the rope, then just drag the mouse down to where you want the rope to finish. This makes it a single object. Don't give it an id, just static and climb properties; leave action as '0'. This will make it climbable. Dizzy will just do jumps up the rope, but can still just walk past the rope.

Only thing to be careful about is to leave enough space on the side of the top of the rope for Dizzy to 'drop' if it's a closed area, as he won't be able to climb down the rope. To climb up and down is a bit more complicated, but Colin's tutorial on this works fine.

Best of luck.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:12 pm

yep, pretty much as Steve says. :) You may also like to have a look at my <a href="http://dizzystories.110mb.com/tutorials.php" target="_blank">Video Tutorials</a>

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Captain Jonesy
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Captain Jonesy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Thank you very much for the help Grandad, that helped me get started! Where would I find Colin's tutorial if I want to check it later date? Do you have a link?

Jonesy :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:28 am

It's on page 2 of this helpthread and titled 'climbing up and down' and has all the relevant stuff. My initial trouble was setting the 'y' co-ordinates for the top and bottom (but works fine in Daisy Goes Shopping).