Help! Empty Old Bucket

Drowning? Where are those hidden coins?
jtdizzy
Your Backpack is Empty

Help! Empty Old Bucket

Postby jtdizzy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:10 pm

It's too high for me to get, I found a walkthrough on goodle video and it's underneath the store sign so getting it is easy.

How am I supposed to get it down a bit?

Thanks.

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:35 pm

You should be able to reach it by jumping from either of the two platforms either side of the shopkeeper.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:48 pm

If you're playing the Commodore version, then you can't really get to the bucket at all as I kept trying it myself once.

Anyway, you don't really need the bucket to finish the game, It's one of those score booster things. :)

Also, there is no need to post this thread on General Disscusion too, we do read new posts on here. ;)

jtdizzy
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby jtdizzy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:51 pm

Adz.M wrote:If you're playing the Commodore version, then you can't really get to the bucket at all as I kept trying it myself once.

Anyway, you don't really need the bucket to finish the game, It's one of those score booster things. :)

Also, there is no need to post this thread on General Disscusion too, we do read new posts on here. ;)

lol, thanks.
Yeah the c64 game.
Ok will try and continue without bucket.

Anyway I should tell you my story.
When I was 9 I had Treasure Island Dizzy on the c64. I got every coin and kept missing the jump to the boat right at the end. Of course you had to start again from the very start.
I never did finish the game.

Now, 20 years later I'm 29 and determined to finish the game. This time however I'm armed with save states!

It's been 20 long years but I'm finally gonna crack that bastard!

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby DizzyFanUK » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:16 pm

of course, you could have just used the cheats.....
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

jtdizzy
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby jtdizzy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:25 pm

20 years later I finally finish Treasure Island Dizzy.

Gratz me.

Thank God for save stats, that boat jump at the end got me a few times again, trick is to wait for it to come back lol.

STEVE 09
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby STEVE 09 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:22 am

Ah yes that dreaded boat jump at the end is a nightmare. There is nothing more frustrating than having gone through the whole game solved all the puzzles and got all the coins for you to fall at the last hurdle by falling off this damned boat :v2_dizzy_tongue2: