Let's Play Treasure Island with the Oliver Twins

Drowning? Where are those hidden coins?
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Happy Easter, folks. :v2_dizzy_cheers:

The Oliver Twins have made another "Let's Play" video.
This time they're playing Treasure Island on the Spectrum. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ014u713Qs

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:29 pm

:)

Still my least favourite Dizzy game.
The single life, annoying inventory system and hidden cage traps in the tree house are all factors, but I find it the most boring Dizzy game to explore, there's a lack of magic and mystery when compared to the first and follow ups. And I don't find it very fun. And some of those coins are in very questionable positions.

Worse still when it's on the spectrum as that video shows, due to the very horrid music or lack of. (unless they switched it off?)
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:34 pm

Meph - I agree with you, I just could not be bothered with TID, it just killed me off too quickly too many times for little reason. WRT the music, the poor Speccy had trouble with sound as it didn't have a seperate sound chip like the Commode 64, so playing sounds slowed the Speccy down which is why a lot of speccy music sounds a bit buzzy as it isn't playing one solid note, but the same note for a very short duration many times.
Insert signature here

IceCrystal
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby IceCrystal » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:47 am

treasure island was quite a struggle due to having a single life and having so many hidden traps and as well an annoying items droping system.
But i enjoyed it non the less, i like challenges :)
Surely not one of my fav dizzy games, but was interesting to play it.

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyG » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:33 am

It was the first Dizzy game I played and I loved it, but I think a big factor was that I thought they'd somehow written it in +3 Basic and that they were geniuses. Silly me! Though I was amazed by the graphics too, as I think the only other Speccy game I'd played then had been Manic Miner.

I spent hours and hours on it and was determined to complete it, but when a year later I read somewhere that you need to use the glass sword on the gravestone, I couldn't be bothered any more. I thought if any more puzzles were like that (I didn't know about the key on the barrel!) it would be a case of trying everything on everything and I may damage my eyes and brain. I still wonder why they did that. I'd completed the brilliant Fantasy World by then, though :)

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Yep graphics are still looks good, like all the Dizzy games.
TID is a real odd ball in the series but it started a few trends that would follow such as finding collectables and introducing other characters to talk to.

The single life system isn't the worse part for me because you know you've got the once life, it's the traps that kill you when they're not on screen, it's as bad as fan games that put bats or spiders right on the edge so you get hit the moment to enter the next screen, :devil: lol

I shall look forward to the next instalment. :dizzy_smile:
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

Return to “Treasure Island Dizzy”