5 Things I hate about Tuca

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby pteal79 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:20 am

Does anyone remember where dizzy was getting stuck in Apep's first post? I've upgraded the games scripts to the latest dizzyage standard. But it want to now fix the places where dizzy was getting stuck, but the images have gone :(

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:44 am

I remember one of them being that wall next to the Purse of gold, underground :v2_dizzy_confused2:

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:38 am

I played through the latest version of the remake myself, and I only found two extra places I could get Dizzy stuck, both in The Tomb of Mad Carew, around the upper-right corner of each screen.

For that matter, I managed to get stuck in Treasure Island Dizzy too!
[SIZE="1"]I'M SORRY FOR JUMPING OVER YOU, BAG OF GOLD COINS[/size]

(Actually, the only major disappointment of the Treasure Island Dizzy remake for me was that it didn't include the full music loops.)

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:29 am

Bag of Magic Food wrote:I played through the latest version of the remake myself, and I only found two extra places I could get Dizzy stuck, both in The Tomb of Mad Carew, around the upper-right corner of each screen.

For that matter, I managed to get stuck in Treasure Island Dizzy too!
[SIZE="1"]I'M SORRY FOR JUMPING OVER YOU, BAG OF GOLD COINS[/size]

(Actually, the only major disappointment of the Treasure Island Dizzy remake for me was that it didn't include the full music loops.)

You should really report those bugs in their own threads in the Fan Games section of the forum, so that Peter can find about them more quickly.

Kogasa
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Kogasa » Wed May 11, 2011 11:38 am

My things I hate about TUCA:
1.Bridge dissapears forever if you break it.
2.It's really hard to give Potion to zaks
3.I'm always confused where to use Dry ICE

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Wed May 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Oh, the potion on Zaks... You just reminded me of something! I believe in the official versions of Dizzy 1, you can throw the potion from either the ground or the high board in front of Zaks, and either way it beats him. But in Peter's DizzyAGE remake, the potion only works on the ground. The funny thing is, the remake from Crystal Fusion made it so you're supposed to only throw the potion from that higher ledge, and in fact placed a flask-shaped hole there to make it obvious! So, yeah, sometimes remakes miss some of the different ways you can do something, probably because their authors don't have time to play the game all over again just to risk losing at the end by trying some other way.

EDIT: I just played through Dizzy 1 on Commodore 64 again to make a clean save of the ending, and it turns out that version changed it so the potion only works on the top. I take it as another sign that that Crystal Fusion remake was based primarily, or even solely, on the Commodore 64 version.