LETS PLAY: DIZZY - THE ULTIMATE CARTOON ADVENTURE

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:19 am

In Dizzy-1 on the ZX-Spectrum computer there was only Beeper-music. However it was replaced long ago by our musicians with AY-music. Then this music was inserted into remake.

Dizzy-1 DizzyAGE Remake + AY-music - http://rghost.ru/87XQMMQXx
ZX-Spectrum Dizzy Collection - http://vtrdos.ru/gamez/d/DIZZSACK.ZIP

The ZX-Spectrum file requires the emulator (Spectaculator, SpecEmu, ZXSpin, UnrealSpeccy, ZXMAK, Fuse, EmuZWin). In the emulator to choose the Pentagon-128 mode. TR-Dos --> (R)UN --> ENTER.

DCT
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Contrasts

Postby DCT » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Meph wrote:C64 versions isn't that different to the Spectrum in my mind, the lack of colour clash and music is much improved, but wasn't keen on how Dizzy looked on the c64, plus I'm not fussed about the boarder.

The Vega is still in development, or has been until recently so it's changed over the past couple of months as they've been listening to what their backers have said. Big news coming soon I'm told. (I'm not a backer so i don't know all the details)

Anyway. didn't mean to get Let's play Dizzy so much off topic.
I hope the twins do it with all the games, even the arcade ones :P

I kinda do to although it seems apparent that the twins aren't much better than many players here and presently, it appears seem worse than some.

frogandhat wrote:Egotrip - I love the Spectrum, and for me, all in all, it was the best 8 bit home computer. But even I have to acknowledge that soundwise the original Spectrum was inferior to the Amstrad and C64 as they both had dedicated sound chips, whereas the Speccy had the BEEPer that could only play one note at a time with no volume control, and while it was BEEPing, it stopped the computer!

EgoTrip wrote:Well if you are referring to the beeper music then yeah even a wet fart is an improvement on that. But if you mean the C64 music is better than the CPC/AY Spectrum music then we will have to agree to disagree there.

Meph wrote:Sorry but the sound and music on Dizzy 1 on the spectrum was just awful.

We all love the spectrum but the fact is it did not have a very good sound chip.
You just have to compare the music from Dizzy one to hear the difference.

Personally I think one machine was not any better than the other, both the Spectrum and C64 were awesome both had positives and negatives, both did things better and worse then the other and some games were better on one or the other. But the c64 always just had an edge on music and a graphics overall.

I enjoyed reading this article
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-zx-spectrum-vs-commodore-64

I don't know why anyone is arguing over the Spectrum versus Commodore music, they are identical pieces except the Commodore version has more depth. The Amstrad has two far superior pieces.

Going of that playthrough EgoTrip posted both those versions of Dizzy seem very similar (although I noticed that passage where you mocked up a scene is actually visibly inaccessible in the C64 version. What a strange playthough that is, it appears to have have made by someone who not doesn't know how the game works but has given themselves infinite lives and is still terrified of all the enemies.

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby EgoTrip » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:38 pm

I guess if you've played Dizzy as long as I have on the CPC, even slight differences on other systems will become obvious.

Are you going to finish your talk through?

DCT
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Talkthrough

Postby DCT » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Perhaps, at the moment this thread and those C64 playthroughs (poor though they are) have distracted me (more information!)

I'm also wondering if the Oliver Twins doing this playthrough has made it redundant.

I still like doing it though so will probably return to it soon.

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby EgoTrip » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Nah its not redundant, its good to see different perspectives on the game. Please finish it. Then onto the next game when you have finished.

DCT
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: EgoTrip

Postby DCT » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:07 pm

:lol: That may take some time. You know I currently only own four of these games and currently can't play any of them.