Dizzy 1: `Talkthrough`

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
DCT
Hard Boiled Egg

Scene 39: (Scene 50d): Congratulations!

Postby DCT » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:25 pm

...Dizzy Has Rid Katmandu Of The Evil Wizard Zaks And In Doing So Has Gained The Respect Of Which He Is Truely Worthy! Is This Dizzy's Only Challenge Or Will He Be Called Upon Again?

Hooray! Obviously that's a rhetorical question... it wouldn't be the 'Ultimate' is there was another one! :dizzy_biggrin: No, his has spoken, Fast Food [Dizzy] came out within six months of this hitting shelves consigning that idea to oblivion, they must have know, surely? This is just an exercise in irony.

Technically then my next talkthrough should be on Fast Food rather than Treasure Island Dizzy but I'm not convinced that will be interesting.

While researching this final chapter on TUCA I found this odd page:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/max.ireson/Dizzy/joke.htm

Obviously, it looks incomplete and even if it wasn't I don't want to discuss other games too much. Obviously I have failed to find any evidence to contradict the consensus on the magnet and I can understand why they might be tempted to put the dagger there but a hammer? I have two theories about that because there's no hammer in this game but want to know what everyone else thinks.

Either way the curtain falls on the adventure so it's

The End!

(unless there's a second quest...)

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:13 pm

I would guess that is just wrong and they mean the pickaxe. It is the only other item that is useless (if you use the dry ice in the unintended spot).

Thanks for doing this. I've quite enjoyed it and look forward to more if you do them.

DCT
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: SnTrooper

Postby DCT » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:50 pm

That's what I thought too. My alternate idea was that they'd mistaken an item in a different game.

My main hesitation with idea one is that both the other items they name they've named pretty much in full which suggests a knowledge of the game randomly calling 'A Rusty Old Pick' 'The Hammer' by mistake would belie.

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby EgoTrip » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:38 am

Thanks for this, please do Treasure Island Dizzy! I'm not overly familiar with that game, and never had the patience to attempt to finish it.

DCT
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: EgoTrip

Postby DCT » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:00 pm

:lol: You're asking me to do a Talkthrough for a game you admit you haven't finished due to lack of patience. Well, I've never played it and apparently don't have it although I once thought I did.

Still I'd like to think I'll get around to it. I did this because I liked these games and studying these game despite getting into these games late and playing very few of them. I'd also like to think I could come up with at least a small overview of Fast Food first, I don't think it would be fair to ignore it completely.