A Horseshoe Magnet and a Secret cave?

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
ingolemo
Free Range Egg

Postby ingolemo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:01 am

you can drop as many items as you want by resting them on the hedge before you trigger the trap.

Of course, if it is possible for the corpse to move out the way then that wouldn't get you anything since the screen would just start alternating between this screen and the one below it.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:42 pm

looking at the map it doesn't see theres any reason to do it... unless you can get out of that room.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

Invisibabe
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Invisibabe » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Ok, the HORSESHOE MAGNET does have a purpose, though only in a roundabout way.

The "correct" way to complete the game is to use the DRY ICE to freeze the waterfall in the mushroom caves and enter the crazy labyrinth. You need to use the magnet to lift the gates to get, if I remember correctly, the JEWELLED DAGGER (?).

You then take the dagger under the Crystal Mountains (I think that's what they were called, there's a thin pale line that you cut through previously with some sort of stone thing I think)

You then cut the "rope" (presumably) on the little boat thing there by the water using the dagger then walk to stay on the boat all the way over to the other side to continue on the land.

The boat is very short and trying to stay on it is tricky. It's far more sensible to use the dry ice to freeze the water here and completely miss out the whole of the labyrinth...... I guess the Codies didn't think of that when they made the game :D

(It's a long time since I played, sorry if anything here isn't 100% accurate)

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:01 pm

its funny how they coded it to work like that.
Maybe a subject to bring up during the studio trip.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

siccoyote
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby siccoyote » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:01 pm

That's funny I wonder if anyone ever completed it the proper way? I know I never did, I might have a go at doing it the proper way now though.

Phoenix2312
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Phoenix2312 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:03 am

Invisibabe wrote:Ok, the HORSESHOE MAGNET does have a purpose, though only in a roundabout way.

The "correct" way to complete the game is to use the DRY ICE to freeze the waterfall in the mushroom caves and enter the crazy labyrinth. You need to use the magnet to lift the gates to get, if I remember correctly, the JEWELLED DAGGER (?).

You then take the dagger under the Crystal Mountains (I think that's what they were called, there's a thin pale line that you cut through previously with some sort of stone thing I think)

You then cut the "rope" (presumably) on the little boat thing there by the water using the dagger then walk to stay on the boat all the way over to the other side to continue on the land.

The boat is very short and trying to stay on it is tricky. It's far more sensible to use the dry ice to freeze the water here and completely miss out the whole of the labyrinth...... I guess the Codies didn't think of that when they made the game :D

(It's a long time since I played, sorry if anything here isn't 100% accurate)

As accurate as you could be...

I have been playing the remake from Crystal Fusions, which may I add is absolutely fantastic (Though Crystal Fusions now appears to be offline, you can still get the game if you scout around.)

I managed to get to the Crazy Labyrinth for the first time ever and was completely flumoxed - But now having read your thread - I know where I have been going wrong.

Anyone who does decide they want to play the Crystal Fusions Version, I give you two words of warning:

1) It is a VERY faithful recreation of the original with better graphics... So Faithful that EVERYTHING MUST BE USED! So there are no extra areas you can use the dry ice (Damn!)

2) It is simply EGGSELENT too! I love it...

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Phoenix2312 wrote:As I have been playing the remake from Crystal Fusions, which may I add is absolutely fantastic (Though Crystal Fusions now appears to be offline, you can still get the game if you scout around.)

Or to make things more easier, you can scout around Yolkfolk.com for it too ;)

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:15 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:if you drop any items on that skeleton in the pit, they disappear, you hear the 'object used' noise and the skeleton actually moves a little bit to the side....

That's odd.I tried it,but can't get it to work.there's no sound,no points and no skeleton moving. :v2_dizzy_confused2:
(I tried it with torch and bottle)
Can someone help me get this?
...Why?Because of my hacking skills I can have as many items as I desire,so if i can get that skeleton to move...

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:43 am

Okay, I just completed the Crystal Fusion remake, and I couldn't find a place where the horseshoe magnet did anything. I got into the Crazy Labyrinth with the dry ice and was able to collect both the extra life and the pickaxe just by running back and forth until I hit all the invisible triggers. There was still one gate left in existence, but even after I came back with the magnet I couldn't get it to move anymore, and it was no longer preventing me from getting anywhere anyway. Maybe it's only because I played on the easiest setting, though; I don't know whether the difficulty affects anything other than number of lives.

Edit: Nope, I got to the Crazy Labyrinth on Very Hard, and it still opened up completely without the need for any magnets. I tried another game on Easy where I got the magnet before I entered the Crazy Labyrinth, and strangely the first gate was invisible (maybe a lingering effect of my previous game?), but dropping the magnet still did nothing but help me realize where the moving platforms were because you can't drop them there. :v2_dizzy_wink: I suppose we could check the original versions of the game again, but at this point I believe Invisibabe simply remembered the puzzle incorrectly.

And I wonder whether the sliding skeletons and alternate uses for the dry ice might have been remnants of an earlier draft of the game where it was intended that Dizzy could eliminate all threats to his life, including the pools of water and piles of bones, and what people in this topic have discovered are just the glitchy approximations of that. I thought the optional use of items to annihilate roaming hazards was a cool idea that should have been used more often in later Dizzy games. It extends the replay value by giving you a choice of whether to play it the safe way, wiping out as many enemies as possible at the first opportunity, or the speedy way, dodging everything as usual. The only thing that made it annoying was the one-item limit, which means you have to trek across half the map each time you want to destroy another set of baddies, then all the way back if you left behind an item you still need. Carrying only one item at a time might not have been so bad otherwise, and being able to carry another item or two along with the enemy-killers could have been fine too, but the two concepts together don't seem very fun.

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:07 am

Hm...I forgot to notify you:
I found that it won't work on polish language version from dizzy.pl
Ok,so I downloaded one from dizzyland.ru,compared(and changed few bytes to make PL skeleton "working"),hacked it to have unlimited number of "Bird seed"in pocket and make my way through skeleton.
Hm..I'v made a gif(Spin emulator don't support Avi file types..)that shows what happens when you get under skeleton:
Yes,there's no secret room under it...