Most Hazardous Screen

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
Stephen Parry
Free Range Egg

Most Hazardous Screen

Post by Stephen Parry » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:02 am

Here's a simple question: Which screen in Dizzy – The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure was the most hazardous for you, personally? Which screen did you lose the most lives on?

I did get killed by that spider on the first screen a few times. And the crystal mountains could often be a pain. However, that fragile cloud bridge with the skeleton at the bottom caused me some big headaches. No matter how careful I could be at times, there were many occasions where it caught me out. Perhaps I was being too careful. In fact, some of the time I'd be crossing that bridge, expecting it to break, so I guess that was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Whatever the reasons, I lost more lives on that bridge than anywhere else in the game.

What about the rest of you?

Stephen Parry
Free Range Egg

Post by Stephen Parry » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Pogie wrote:It's got a lot of tricky spots in it all told, but I like it because you have to pay attention!
Yes, that's the appeal of the game, isn't it?

I think a game like that can encourage you to develop a never-give-up attitude. Okay, that may be taking things a bit too far - and I was always a driven person anyway - but whenever a hazardous screen kept catching me out on the game, I'd just go back again and again until I solved it.

I think I can say I have that attitude about most things in life, whether it be complaining about poor service or trying to install a washing machine - if it fails once, just keep at it! :)

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SALEHMARLEY » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 am

Stephen Parry wrote:Yes, that's the appeal of the game, isn't it?

I think a game like that can encourage you to develop a never-give-up attitude. Okay, that may be taking things a bit too far - and I was always a driven person anyway - but whenever a hazardous screen kept catching me out on the game, I'd just go back again and again until I solved it.

I think I can say I have that attitude about most things in life, whether it be complaining about poor service or trying to install a washing machine - if it fails once, just keep at it! :)
I just give up and pay somebody to do the job for me....or in the case of TUCA, phone the extortionate help lines and get in trouble for spending my parents hard earned cash on £1 a minute 0906 numbers :v2_dizzy_down:

Stephen Parry
Free Range Egg

Post by Stephen Parry » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:07 pm

The one game I did give up on was Rampage - no patience for it at all. I guess if you're really into a series, as I was with Dizzy, you stick with it. I do recall ringing one number once, but can't remember which game it was for.

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SALEHMARLEY » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Did the last digits end "69 69 69" :v2_dizzy_tongue2:

Jabie
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Jabie » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Stephen Parry wrote:Here's a simple question: Which screen in Dizzy – The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure was the most hazardous for you, personally? Which screen did you lose the most lives on?

I did get killed by that spider on the first screen a few times. And the crystal mountains could often be a pain. However, that fragile cloud bridge with the skeleton at the bottom caused me some big headaches. No matter how careful I could be at times, there were many occasions where it caught me out. Perhaps I was being too careful. In fact, some of the time I'd be crossing that bridge, expecting it to break, so I guess that was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Whatever the reasons, I lost more lives on that bridge than anywhere else in the game.

What about the rest of you?
That's one of the worst screens. If you mess that up it's game over. Sure you may be able to get up the mountain and or explore the mine a bit, but sooner or later your going to need an item on the other side of the hole and you won't be able to cross it.

EvilEdwin
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by EvilEdwin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:26 am

I always lost a few lives on the waterfall screen trying to get in the right position to drop the Dry Ice.

Aside from that there's always the dreaded bridge! I remember one game I finished everything and just need to take the potion to kill Zax's. One last trip over the bridge and guess what happens? Yeah...

I found this to be the appropriate response in those situations:

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/