Falling stalactites

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Falling stalactites

Post by Adz.M » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:04 pm

I've had game since I was 6 years old, and It's taken me until tonight to realise that the Miners Hard Hat can also be used to destroy the stalactites that fall from the ceiling in the caves.

So for the last 17 years, I thought the Hard Hat only destroyed the falling apples but never once thought about using that Hard Hat to stop the stalactites too!

I feel like such a prat! :v2_dizzy_crazy: :hitwall:

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:01 am

I actually guessed that the hard hat worked on stalactites first, but I didn't know it also worked on the apples until I read it in a guide, as I assumed that every object worked on exactly one kind of hazard. That's what I think is most likely to trip you up in Dizzy games: when they throw in an item that has more than one kind of use.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:04 am

:shocked: - you're not the only one Adz. All those years and deaths, I too only used it on the apples!

Maybe I should have put this into my "I dont believe it" thread instead! :v2_dizzy_rolleyes:

ClientFan
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by ClientFan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:58 am

Count me in as another who's flabber has been gasted by this revelation.

That would certainly come in handy in the right of the mushroom caves, where you can do that 'trick' of exiting out through the well above if you can avoid those sneakily random stalactites.