Amiga Version Of Dizzy 1

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
EvilEdwin
Your Backpack is Empty

Amiga Version Of Dizzy 1

Post by EvilEdwin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:56 pm

I recall seeing sometime in the mid 1990s an Amiga Version of Dizzy being previewed in a magazine. Unfortunately this magazine was not one of the main stream Amiga publications. It was a very short lived (three or four editions) and never really took off. However it featured a predominantly green and white cover if that helps anyone.

There were a few screenshots, but the only one I recall was in the area below the trapdoor where you get the garlic. There were a few others but I forget what those were now.

I'm pretty sure my parents may still have these magazines at their house, but they live on the other side of the country now and it's unlikely I'll be able to look at them anytime soon. So I can't scan them and post a picture.

Does anyone else remember this? I've never been able to find any information on an Amiga version of Dizzy, but I distinctly remember this preview.

EvilEdwin
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by EvilEdwin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 am

It may have been this magazine:

http://amr.abime.net/issues_29

It looks familiar but I'm can't be sure since many editions arn't online.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:55 am

Hmm well as far as we know, Dizzy TUCA was never released on the 16-bit systems. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

I went through the magazines on the link you gave me, and the only Dizzy stuff I could find was a review of Panic Dizzy and adverts for the Dizzy Collection.

EvilEdwin
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by EvilEdwin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:18 pm

Adz.M wrote:Hmm well as far as we know, Dizzy TUCA was never released on the 16-bit systems. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

I went through the magazines on the link you gave me, and the only Dizzy stuff I could find was a review of Panic Dizzy and adverts for the Dizzy Collection.
Yeah there's nothing on that link, but then not all issues have been scanned in. I'm pretty sure it's that magazine that did a preview though.

Maybe it will jog someone else's memory.

muck
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by muck » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:57 pm

The mag doesn't ring a bell, but the Dizzy Collection was supposed to include it.

zeropolis79

Post by zeropolis79 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:45 pm

There was never anything in Games-X about an Amiga version of Dizzy 1...

EvilEdwin
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by EvilEdwin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:07 pm

You might be right.

I recently got to look through all of my old Amiga magazines (I know, five years eh!), and didn't see anything in any Games-X mags.

I definitely remember seeing an article about Dizzy 1 somewhere, but where that was is lost to memory now. I'm surprised nothing has ever emerged about it over the years.