A Horseshoe Magnet and a Secret cave?

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
Dizzy19
Free Range Egg

Re: A Horseshoe Magnet and a Secret cave?

Postby Dizzy19 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Rindex wrote:Dizzy19, such company cheats is almost in all parts.

|
+____Thanks, Rindex, you are truly an endless resource of Dizzy helping lists.
|
+____I have also been playing recently "Dizzy III: Fantasy World Dizzy" for IBM-PC Compatibles: MS-DOS in a DOSBox. There, one has to enter a high-score first and then to input his name as "IMMORTAL" in order to get infinite lives.
|
+____This type of cheats is great, but it does not help as much as saving the current state of the game. One has to use the hibernating feature of Windows in order to save the current state of the whole operating system.
|
+____I guess that they also had at CodeMasters a game engine such as the Dizzy Adventure Game Engine (DizzyAGE). They were continuously improving it, as they were releasing new Dizzy games. They were just changing the combination of keys used as a cheat. That is why apparently nothing works for Dizzy IV and Dizzy VII. Maybe they did not enable the cheat system for Dizzy IV and the key combination might be wrong for Dizzy VII.
"Please find the Comprehensive List of Dizzy Games at the following Uniform Resource Locator:"

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Am7QvREkJBcagb9nzatGrk-x_zQrpg

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Sun May 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Dizzy19
Free Range Egg

Postby Dizzy19 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:10 am

Rindex wrote:Answer on a question about a magnet.

|
+___"Wondering how to use the magnet?"
|
+___"I happen to know (on account of just being on the blower to Sally Ann at CodeMasters), that the magnet isn't used for anything at all. It's a magnetic RED HERRING!" (Phil South in "Your Sinclair" issue 33 , Page 41) 4397
|
+___In a certain dialect of the English language, the blower is the telephone.
|
+___In the same or in another dialect, the red herring is something, especially a clue, that is or that is intended to be misleading or distracting.
|
+___As for Adz.M's first post within this thread that he posted ten years without four days ago, we have to take into consideration the possibility that somebody might have played a prank to him.
|
Adz.M wrote:Playing this game on the Spectrum today, I remembered long ago asking about The HorseShoe Magnet and the answer was: "It activates something that reveals a secret cave". I still don't know whether it's true or not. I'm trying almost everywhere that looks suspicious.

|
+___Therefore, that is all, Yolk Folks, as CodeMasters have officially confirmed that The HorseShoe Magnet is useless. Also, there are no other unknown secret caves. The highest possible score is 91,600 points. Game over. We can even lock this thread.
"Please find the Comprehensive List of Dizzy Games at the following Uniform Resource Locator:"

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Am7QvREkJBcagb9nzatGrk-x_zQrpg

Return to “Dizzy - The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure”