Something Different

Anything that doesnt fit anywhere. Off topic and so on...
IQ1000
Free Range Egg

Something Different

Post by IQ1000 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:20 am

Has anyone ever considered giving Dizzy a strange new twist, such as giving him a gun so he could actually shoot down the baddies; or maybe where the player is the baddy, and your mission is to hinder Dizzy in his adventures; or maybe a nightime / daytime setting could be added where the scene changes every ten minutes; or... I got a million ideas!

Would this be considered Dizzy taboo? ;)
Consider, friend, as you pass by,
as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you too shall be.
Prepare, therefore, to follow me.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun May 17, 2009 9:13 am

IQ1000 wrote:or maybe where the player is the baddy
see CoTM when it's released... ;)
IQ1000 wrote:or maybe a nightime / daytime setting could be added where the scene changes every ten minutes
i did actually think about this, but i'm not sure how well it would work. I may try it in my next 'normal' game. ;)

as for the rest, i would never have dizzy using a gun! :O

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sun May 17, 2009 10:37 am

Fantastic Dizzy has that daytime/nightime feature on that game, it also rains sometimes too.

On the main Yolkfolk site, theres a huge list of Fangames on there, most of which had some minor bugs in it but addictive to play, my list of games including the Magic Maniax series held some bizarre but different sort of gameplay.

I recommend looking at Jamie's 'Lord of Darkness' game, It's addictive once you know your way round. :p

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Sun May 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Imagine that... "Dizzy Terminator"!

testing my new signature...

IQ1000
Free Range Egg

Post by IQ1000 » Sun May 17, 2009 9:34 pm

To Adz.M: I have played TLoD many times and have found it incredibly addictive!
To Delta: You seem to steal all my ideas! ( the shopkeeper was my idea! ;) ) Cannot wait for CoTM!
To Mr. Simion: Not really a guts and gore type game, but a wild West theme where Dizzy shoots down android cowboys with a Smith and Wesson revolver. ( but I agree that I like to keep Dizzy as a family game)

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun May 17, 2009 9:59 pm

Unless part of the game is a 'shooting' side show.

I was thinking about a Carnival/fair ground theme for a future game.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

IQ1000
Free Range Egg

Post by IQ1000 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:08 am

Meph wrote:Unless part of the game is a 'shooting' side show.

I was thinking about a Carnival/fair ground theme for a future game.

I get the idea... :( no guns.

The fair ground sounds interesting. You might add a ferris wheel and make it where you can save up enough coins for a ticket, or add a popcorn tile and label it health.
I thought of another idea, maybe a game could be made to help kids with there school. example: " Learning Math with Dizzy" :)

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon May 18, 2009 7:13 pm

IQ1000 wrote:To Delta: You seem to steal all my ideas! ( the shopkeeper was my idea! ;) )
haha! the shopkeeper was just an idea that grew from nothing really. at some point I realised i hadn't ever really 'used' the shopkeeper character in any of my games, so i decided to. Then i was thinking that rather than just getting 'set' items from him in return for others, you should really be able to actually buy stuff from him! and if you could buy stuff from him, why not sell stuff back to him too?!

I liked that idea a lot, as not only did it introduce the possibility of a different use for the coins, it also solved a couple of dilemmas that i had with the arcade games, which was what was the purpose of them, and how do you stop people playing them all the time?

With the introduction of an actual shop (and with no set coin limit in the game), a purpose for the arcade games became clear (collect more coins!), and i could also stop people playing them all the time and getting tonnes and tonnes of coins, by charging people to play them!

so it really kinda integrated itself into the game that way. :)

oh and i have to say, i <i>really</I> like how CoTM is progressing. I've not even got onto coding the puzzles for the first level of it yet, but i've got most of the puzzles planned, and most of them really tie in nicely to the level, and to each other. :) I'm always saying that the more you do something, the more you learn, and i think this is true for this type of game too. TLoD was the first game i'd done in this style, so i learned a lot doing it, which i hope will show in CoTM :)

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon May 18, 2009 7:19 pm

IQ1000 wrote:I get the idea... :( no guns.

The fair ground sounds interesting. You might add a ferris wheel and make it where you can save up enough coins for a ticket, or add a popcorn tile and label it health.
I thought of another idea, maybe a game could be made to help kids with there school. example: " Learning Math with Dizzy" :)

Im Considering attempting a mine cart but making it a rollacoaster. thats my plan anyway.. lol something like that ;)
not worked out how all my ideas wil tie together yet but who knows.

Learning with Dizzy sounds like a great idea to get young kids into learning and dizzy... math puzzles.. nice.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon May 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Meph wrote:Im Considering attempting a mine cart but making it a rollacoaster. thats my plan anyway.. lol something like that ;)
oooooo :oooo: good luck! haha! i hate coding the mine cart elements of my games! wouldn't like to even think about making them more complicated still!!