Windows 10

Anything that doesnt fit anywhere. Off topic and so on...
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Windows 10

Postby frogandhat » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:34 am

Any one else upgraded to Windows 10 yet?
I have and wish I hadn't, so if you haven't yet, then I recommend you wait.
My Laptop is about 6 months old and was running Windows 8.1 fine, but now I have 'upgraded', the first time I turn on the laptop, it refuses to boot, so I have to turn it off and power on again, and second time it boots!
I also play Microsoft Treasure Hunt and Sudoku, the former is now totally unplayable as 10 refuses to show the rightmost 2-3 columns (I don't know how many as they are there, but invisible) so I can't even see the exit, and in Sudoku in full screen mode 10 displays an advert over the top of the game board which you cannot remove, making the game unplayable.
The only benefit that I can see is that the Start Menu is back (which surely only a congenital idiot would have suggested removing in the first place), but this is some weird bastard (not swearing!) hybrid of the traditional Start Menu and 8's tiles.
Not impressed.
Insert signature here

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby EgoTrip » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:11 pm

Don't worry I have no intention of downgrading to Windows 10. What I have works so why rock the boat? I had enough hassles getting 8.1 working so no way am I going to go through all that hassle again when I don't need to.

ps is this you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkjsN-J27aU

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:05 pm

:v2_dizzy_lol: My secret is out! Why do you think I started drinking? ;)
Insert signature here

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:32 am

Serves you right F&H for being like those 'Apple' fanatics with their 'must have now' mentality. I thought you would have realised that basically the first couple of 'issues' of new Microsoft operating systems are their way of getting unpaid Beta testers.

When I was forced to upgrade from XP earlier, I found a company that was still selling PCs with Windows 7. Slowly getting used to it, but still basically use it for email and internet and do everything else on my XP ..which is still working perfectly.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:43 am

Moved to Random Ramblings as this thread isn't really Dizzy or Oliver Twins related.

I don't plan to upgrade to Windows 10 as Windows has a big history of senseless "compatibility issues" with older programs, and I'm speaking from experience.

Plus I'm now on limited Internet access via phone where I can only use 4GB of data a month, and since Windows 10 is a 3GB download (which I heard you can't pause part way through), all the more reason why I don't plan to upgrade from Windows 7.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:32 pm

W10 can update itself W7. And will work as a torrent, updating others.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:30 pm

I didn't even realise that Windows 10 was downloading, and thought (stupidly) from the reviews that the upgrade wouldn't be a problem, so let it, more fool me.
Have now rolled back to Windows 8 and it looks like everything is working OK again :D

Grandad - How dare you swear at me? ;P Right, I am going to vote all your games 5 stars from now on, so you don't lose any more competitions :say_yes:
Insert signature here

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:34 pm

I was thinking of downloading this, but decided my laptop is 7 years old and Win 10 will probably kill it.
Windows 7 is good, and still better than 8, but this topic and now convinced me to stay put.

Win 10 is probably ok in about 6 months times when they've ironed out the issues and done updates, and on a new machine.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby EgoTrip » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:08 pm

Meph wrote:Win 10 is probably ok in about 6 months times when they've ironed out the issues and done updates, and on a new machine.

You mean in a years time, when the free download is no longer available.

interphace
Your Backpack is Empty

reply to windows 10

Postby interphace » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:36 am

frogandhat wrote:Any one else upgraded to Windows 10 yet?
I have and wish I hadn't, so if you haven't yet, then I recommend you wait.
My Laptop is about 6 months old and was running Windows 8.1 fine, but now I have 'upgraded', the first time I turn on the laptop, it refuses to boot, so I have to turn it off and power on again, and second time it boots!
I also play Microsoft Treasure Hunt and Sudoku, the former is now totally unplayable as 10 refuses to show the rightmost 2-3 columns (I don't know how many as they are there, but invisible) so I can't even see the exit, and in Sudoku in full screen mode 10 displays an advert over the top of the game board which you cannot remove, making the game unplayable.
The only benefit that I can see is that the Start Menu is back (which surely only a congenital idiot would have suggested removing in the first place), but this is some weird bastard (not swearing!) hybrid of the traditional Start Menu and 8's tiles.
Not impressed.

i did download it had to role back to windows 7 coz laptop wasn't fast enough for it, windows 10 users must have at least 2gb ram for it to run smooth