Knightmare Dizzy v1.02 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Phantom
Free Range Egg

Knightmare Dizzy v1.02 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post by Phantom » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Hello everybody,

Alex has kindly registered my new game, Knightmare Dizzy, for the Easter competition. Here is the game's page:
http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/game.php?id=181

The game is based on the old Children's ITV show "Knightmare", in which a kid was guided through a computer-generated dungeon by three of his friends, trying to avoid dangers using objects and spells.
For those who have never seen it, this fan site offers lots of pictures and information:
http://www.knightmare.com/

However, you should not need to know anything about Knightmare to solve the puzzles in my game.

Comments and bug reports are very welcome. The game is only medium-sized, but if you get stuck and want help, please let me know.

Cheers,
Tom

Annie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Annie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Looks good Tom, am taking a break from Jamie's Illusion Island because have come to a complete stop and am total stuck, so will have a good at yours :v2_dizzy_happy:
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Annie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Annie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm

I've just had a play and so far so good, I've not got lost in the maze which I love by the way.

Great game Tom :v2_dizzy_happy:
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Great game.. really enjoying it.
No i don't think non knightmare fans will find it hard.. the puzzles work quite well and are logical.. but being a fan kinda make the experience much more fun! In fact those puzzles could become quite complex if you really wanted them (causeway for example which is hard to do unless you can make that room 'top view'

I need one more letter.. i know what that will do.. but im trying to find the smelly thing at the moment.

A Bug.. biggest problem is the Items get lost in the background or blend in.. while other times you drop them behind and can't see them (the stocks for example) And i did find some black screens with not names.. but i haven't come across anything else.

Sounds effects are cool, and i like the monsters!
Oh you should post it on the knightmare forum they might get a kick out of it.. im sure they all played dizzy at some point.. lol (i lost my account details i used to be on there)
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:34 pm

It's up on Yolkfolk.com too :)

http://www.yolkfolk.com/games/knightmare

I actually watched some episodes of Knightmare on YouTube today, just to relive some childhood memories :) I was pretty much in my playgroup and early primary school years when Knightmare was around.

I've had a quick go on the game to see which areas I can access, I'll have a proper play tomorrow. :tup:

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:46 pm

Wow - This is so cool.

The themetune and intro from Treguard really takes me back. I wonder, do we get to see the funny helmet thing they made dungeoners wear?

Great game - should be an instant hit for the comp - Truth Accepted!!
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:15 pm

cor this is good - never heard of the tv prog though - completely confusing for me particularly at the maze - liking the challenge though - used lots of items but still lots to do - nice game thanks tom :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:16 pm

i'll try it tomorrow, really tired now.

i do remember the program tho, it was way ahead of it's time!

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

dharr999
Free Range Egg

Post by dharr999 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Completed :v2_dizzy_happy:

Excellent, and it brought back the memories.

Like the adaptation of the corridors and saws :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Phantom
Free Range Egg

Post by Phantom » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it! :)
Meph wrote:
A Bug.. biggest problem is the Items get lost in the background or blend in.. while other times you drop them behind and can't see them (the stocks for example)
Thanks for pointing this out Meph, I didn't realise it was happening... I'll try to fix that in a new version soon.