DizzyAGE Easter Competition 2009 [ENDED]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

DizzyAGE Easter Competition 2009 [ENDED]

Post by xelanoimis » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:39 am

The DizzyAGE Easter Competition 2009 is officially announced!

We are waiting for entries and sponsors.

I know some of you are already working on your games and that's good! I need you to post in this thread your intention to participate, along with your name, game's title and a screenshot (or email me about it). If you already have a thread opened for your game, post the link too.

The competition will end on May 1st, as usual.

Don't worry if you're not sure you can finish your game in time. Announcing it to the community will motivate you further to work on it. And a longer games list will inspire others to join - including sponsors :)

So, hopefully we'll have even more Dizzy games this year!

If you need help with your game(s), ask for support in the forums, or directly on my email from the DizzyAGE website.

Good luck to everyone!
Alex

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:46 am

wooooo!

i'll be entering Illusion Island Dizzy, probably very close to the 1st May deadline.

this will be my only entry this year, as it is taking up all my time just to do this game!

the thread for it is here: http://www.yolkfolk.com/bb/showthread.php?t=608&page=8

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:35 am

Thanks Jamie!
Did you post the game's plot somewhere? Or is it a full surprise?
What should I write in the small details next to your entry?

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:48 am

ermmm i'm sure i did. here it is tho:

Dizzy and the Yolkfolk have decided they need a holiday, and set sail in a boat, bound for Illusion Island. Halfway there however, their small boat is boarded by pirates! Dizzy and the Yolkfolk are taken prisoner, and poor Dizzy is made to walk the plank!

Dizzy manages to swim the remaining distance to Illusion Island, and once there, realises that the pirates have stranded the rest of the Yolkfolk there too!

Dizzy soon notices that there's something not quite right about Illusion island, and even worse, Daisy has gone off to explore the island, and is now missing!

Join Dizzy to find Daisy, dodge the wildlife, and get the Yolkfolk off the strange island before the locals fry them!

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:26 pm

Updated Yolkfolk with all the details mentioned here :)

Oh, and if you guys want your game mentioned on the Coming Soon page of Yolkfolk at anytime soon, then feel free to let me know, with a screenshot of the title screen and whatever details you want mentioned there :)

macon
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by macon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:29 pm

I hope to enter the following game this year.

YOLKFOLK TO THE RESCUE

PLOT

Grand Dizzy was out in the woods hiding his gold coins because he knows how much Dizzy likes finding them. In a remote spot he was captured by the evil wizard Zaks and locked in his hut. In order to get his release Zaks wants a mysterious object that is secured in the bank of the nearby town and it is up to Dizzy to get it for him. The object is in a safe within the bank and the safe requires a combination. To get pieces of the combination, tasks within the town must be carried out but Dizzy doesn't have the skills or knowledge to complete them all. Therefore he calls on some of his Yolkfolk friends to help him out.

FInd the progress thread here

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Mysterious Realm Dizzy

synopsis

Zacks is up to his old tricks again and seeking revenge on the yolkfolk by locking them up in chests. Just when things seem to be going to plan Dizzy and Theodore catch him in the act,Theodore casts a powerfully spell but something went wrong.

Not sure were they are or what happened,
Dizzy packs up some lunch and sets off to explore this Mysterious Realm.
He sees one of the chests in the tree house above which means the rest must be scatted across the Realm.

http://www.yolkfolk.com/bb/showthread.php?t=799
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Humbert
Free Range Egg

Post by Humbert » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:04 pm

I may enter the compo this year.

I was planning to (I was about half-way through my game - map and coding) but my old computer up and died! Just completely bit the dust. So unless I can retrieve the files from my hard drive somehow I won't be entering "Starship Dizzy" into the compo...

There's a slight chance I'll try a small and inconsequential game I had thought up called "Dizzy Rascal", but even if I do it, the game certainly won't be competition-worthy.

Sigh.

Really looking forward to seeing these other entries, though!

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:25 pm

I hope you manage to get your files back.
If not, any game is still better than no game!
Not to mention that last year there were more prizes than entries, so everyone got something :)

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:29 pm

The prizes list has just been updated :)

Games industry veteran, Adrian Cummings is supporting our competition again!
He's offering three Dweeb plush toys. If you haven't heard about his Dweebs games check out his website:
www.softwareamusements.com