Dizzy and the Other Side v1.2 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:22 pm

i've just noticed Alex, on the games list on the DizzyAGE website, TOS doesn't have the little '2.2' icon next to it...

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:27 pm

It has now :)
Thanks for telling me.

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:07 am

I've just started playing this game over the weekend, and it's great! Well done!

Love the arcade style stuff, and the fact that it eventually sorts itself out if you can't get it (like the cage thing). Also the randomness of the maze bit is good, and the way you have to do things in order and bits of stories build up - like the pirate, and the photographer.

Of course, I no longer have any idea what I'm meant to be doing, where I am or anything (I'm on the act with the dragon), but I love Dizzy's epxression when he's in the little cart things, so I'm quite happy to just be vaguely wandering about!

Great game!

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:03 am

Thanks for appreciations!
In act 4 the main purpose is to find a way out of the underground ;)
If you're really stuck in there have a peek in the interactive walkthrough on the official website.

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:17 pm

xelanoimis wrote:Thanks for appreciations!
In act 4 the main purpose is to find a way out of the underground ;)
If you're really stuck in there have a peek in the interactive walkthrough on the official website.
Thanks, got it finished - with much help from the website (which is excellent, by the way!).

I liked how there were different acts - it made it feel a bit easier to navigate the game! Also loved the mine ride at the end, especially when Dizzy had to duck down, and when he had to change the signals.

Also loved that you didn't have to get all the diamonds - my least favourite bit of Dizzy games is when I'm right at the end, but then have to re-walk the entire map to find a missing diamond/coin.

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:34 am

Say, this is probably the wrong place to ask, but where does the music in DizzyAGE games like this usually come from? I played a bit of Dizzy and the Other Side once, and today I recognized one of the songs from it when I was listening to random video game music online and heard the theme to a game called "Black Lamp" for Commodore 64. Did someone convert it to another format, or do they both have a shared source?

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:04 am

Hi everyone,

I got an email from Tom Poole today with a link to his play through Dizzy and The Other Side which scored the incredible time of 1 hour. So now we have to believe it :p

Tom is currently no.1 in the top list, on the official TOS website with all 60 gems, all 3 lives, and yes, 0 loads with even a better timing, 54minutes. Quite incredible, till now!

Congratulations Tom!

So have a look at his video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzksnvRJ ... e=youtu.be

(not sure how to embed the youtube video here)

Have fun!
Alex

P.S. For those who don't know, if you play The Other Side without using cheats, at the end you receive a code that can be entered on the official website to list you in the top players list and in the last players list.

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Noggin the Nog » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:22 pm

So that's how you get the diamond above the lift shaft. :v2_dizzy_rolleyes: I did wonder.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 pm

That was neat. It's amazing how lucky he was. If I was that reckless in my jumping I would have fallen about fifty times and died almost as many times.
Even just watching the ghost tunnel is frustrating. :hitwall: There was one time that I got hit in midair jumping from the exit and ended up getting pushed all the way back to the bridge.

mickyblueeyes
Hard Boiled Egg
Location: Bury now, but lived all over this part of Lancashire

Post by mickyblueeyes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:54 am

Over 4 years on from the release of this game and after watching the walk through I'm IMPRESSED!!
How long did he spend playing this game to get the perfect result?? :v2_dizzy_cheers:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]