Crystal Kingdom Dizzy (DizzyAGE Remake) v1.01 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Crystal Kingdom Dizzy (DizzyAGE Remake) v1.01 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post by Adz.M » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:06 pm

It's been a long journey but here it is!

Special thanks to Pogie and Simon Rice for their hard work on this remake.

v1.01

:egg: Yolkfolk.com
:egg: DizzyAGE

STORY:
The sun does not always shine in the Yolkfolk village. In fact, this particular day is looking remarkably grim.

Stormy clouds thunder across the sky, the rain hammers down, the electricity flickers and, to top it all, Grand Dizzy is in an awful mood.
The source of Grand Dizzy's bad mood is his egg-ache. The old duffer had been practising his somersaults in the kitchen and slipped on the wet floor.

"What do you think you're doing bouncing around like that at your age?!" groaned Dizzy under the strain of picking up the old egg.
"You'll give yourself a nasty crack on the head."

"It's the temple in the Crystal Kingdom," spluttered Grand Dizzy.
"it's been robbed. Every egg knows that if the crystal sword, chalice and crown are removed from the temple, terrible strange things will happen to the Yolkfolk!"

Dizzy looked outside. Things did look decidedly bad.

"It still doesn't explain why you were jumping off the kitchen chair, Grand Dizzy" said Dizzy.

"Well, young fella-m'-egg!" said Grand Dizzy puffing himself up slightly.
"I'm sick and tired of you always sorting things out. I'm going to get into shape, pack my knapsack and save the Yolkfolk myself. I was really heroic in my day, y'know."
A salty tear formed in Dizzy's eye.

"I don't know, Grand dizzy, what are we going to do with you?" gushed Dizzy in his best sympathetic, yet caring, voice.

Grand Dizzy was packed off to bed. But the moment everyone's back was turned, he jumped up and continued to whinge loudly at anything he could find that would listen.

Dizzy decided that he must begin his trek to retrieve the Yolkfolk's treasure. He packed his knapsack and popped on his new safari hat.
Dizzy grimaced with gritted teeth and dramatically declared - "Don't fear, Grand Dizzy! The lost treasures of the Yolkfolk will soon be found!".

And so, Dizzy began a whole new adventure - can our hero succeed again?

NOTES:
This is a DizzyAGE remake of Crystal Kingdom that's been made into a traditional Dizzy style game and is no longer split into four levels.

The game also comes with special menu options like in previous DizzyAGE remakes.

The Cherries in the game now serve a purpose, collect all 60 and see what happens when you complete the game.

Max
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Max » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:42 pm

This is amazing, what a great idea. I love it, especially the music! That was always my favourite Dizzy theme tune by far.

Well done! :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:25 pm

And border isn't present? For whom I did...

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Sorry, Rindex.

I do like that border, It's just that there was no Amstrad and Commodore versions made of that border and I haven't had enough time to do that myself.

I didn't want to release the game where only the Spectrum version of it exists.

If there is any Amstrad and Commodore versions of the detailed border made, then I could always ask Noggin if It's possible to add them on an updated version.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:06 am

Adz.M wrote:Sorry, Rindex.

I do like that border, It's just that there was no Amstrad and Commodore versions made of that border and I haven't had enough time to do that myself.

I didn't want to release the game where only the Spectrum version of it exists.

If there is any Amstrad and Commodore versions of the detailed border made, then I could always ask Noggin if It's possible to add them on an updated version.
No, I didn't do. There the graphics isn't pleasant to me, and the nonsense will turn out. And this too will be suitable and for those options of graphics. But if someone makes, for CPC and C-64, I don't object.

jmcf81
Hard Boiled Egg

Loved it

Post by jmcf81 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:31 am

Really enjoyed this, thank you to all involved with it. :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:
Finished on 59 cherries.
Growing up, Crystal Kingdom was the only game in the series that I never had. Played it through an emulator a few years ago and hated it! Not sure which version i played but the controls were really strange! This was a million times better than that :v2_dizzy_cheers: :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

grobsy
Free Range Egg

Post by grobsy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:38 pm

jmcf81 wrote:Really enjoyed this, thank you to all involved with it. :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:
Finished on 59 cherries.
Growing up, Crystal Kingdom was the only game in the series that I never had. Played it through an emulator a few years ago and hated it! Not sure which version i played but the controls were really strange! This was a million times better than that :v2_dizzy_cheers: :v2_dizzy_biggrin:
Hi it's my first time playing this one but finding i'm stuck rather early on in the game and can't find a help thread anywhere :O

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:20 am

I'm a bit funny about having Help threads of remakes of original games in the fan games help section.

Most of the puzzles on this game are heavily based on the original game.

What are you stuck on?

grobsy
Free Range Egg

Post by grobsy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:06 pm

Adz.M wrote:I'm a bit funny about having Help threads of remakes of original games in the fan games help section.

Most of the puzzles on this game are heavily based on the original game.

What are you stuck on?
Ah, sorry, didn't realise that. I have found the walkthrough for the original, but as you know, the puzzle solutions seem to be different in the remake. All ive managed to do is get the flag onto the mast and i'm left with super glue, scissors, sticky tape, saw, plank, needle n thread and patch.
Any clues or hints will be much appreciated :v2_dizzy_wink2:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:11 pm

Well you're still welcome to start a help thread if you wish, as long as other people know that the thread is strictly for this remake. :)
All ive managed to do is get the flag onto the mast and i'm left with super glue, scissors, sticky tape, saw, plank, needle n thread and patch.
Strange, you shouldn't be able to retrieve the flag until you make the other three repairs to the ship. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

Looking at your items, I'm assuming you've already repaired the ship's wheel?

All the other repairs that need doing should be exactly the same as the original game.
Three of the items together to fix the leak in the Hull, another three items to fix the Main Sail, and one item is of no use to you.