DizzyAGE Easter Competition 2013 [ENDED]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

DizzyAGE Easter Competition 2013 [ENDED]

Post by xelanoimis » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:38 pm

DizzyAGE Easter Competition 2013 is ON

Sorry for not announcing it sooner, but this is the 8th edition and I think everyone knows the route and is already working on their masterpieces.

On May 1st, we start voting, so you got until then to come up with your best. Then, on July 1st we have the winners.

NOTE: We may extend the timeline and shift with one month if needed - let me know about your plans, how you're doing with your games, etc.

Any entries since the last competition are welcomed and again you can have more than one entry, scored individually.

Please announce your entries in this thread and email me about it too.

Good luck to everyone!
Alex

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:52 am

Probably a good idea to extend the deadline to the end of June as in an earlier thread AdzM & Gibbyboy weren't sure if there was going to be a competition this year and possibly the usual suspects haven't got it together yet.

I will be entering a new game which hopefully will help me reclaim my rightful place of coming bottom and removing Meph from my coveted position. 'Dizzy's Challenge' is not going to be my usual sort of 'fun' game and will be full of nasty puzzles, monsters, spells and the added bonus of getting totally stuck if the wrong item is used to complete certain puzzles or losing an item needed for progress if full attention is not paid to the surroundings. Hopefully, you'll all get halfway through level 1 and say 'sod this for a game of soldiers - null points!' I've completed three levels at the moment and hope to have at least five.

I shall, of course, again be donating £50 as a prize.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Doubt i'll have a game this time, I've not even started it! :tdown:
It's irritating because I have had plenty of time but just didn't feel like it. didn't have enough good ideas so I'll certainly do one for next year.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:27 am

That's a shame Meph as I really enjoyed making Zak fly around and continually bump into things cos my co-ordination is a bit crap. :embarassed:

New games don't have to be crammed full of 'new' ideas or even overly big as long as the people playing them are having fun. Hopefully inspiration will bash you on the head and you'll say 'oh what the hell, let's do it'.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Just been to involved in other things and, worrying about future things happening.
I got a basic game set out for Zaks, not quite enough ideas to finish one.

Instead I'm going to be catching up on some of the games I missed or didn't finish playing.

Zaks shall return in 2014, or I still got a really cool Dozy game to make.

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:11 pm

May not be as many entries this year, not sure but won't matter as you only need at least two for
a comp.

Good luck to those who do enter & well done for making them as they take a lot of time & effort.

As usual Grandad very generous in your prize donation.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:32 am

If i'm not back to work next week I might make a small but detailed game, which will just be Dizzy and not Zaks.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:11 pm

well i for one would like to say thank u guys for me any game is better than no game, wasn't really expecting any this year. Grandad your enthusiasm for coming last never ceases to amaze me but so far looks like you'll be winning your own donation :v2_dizzy_tongue2:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:58 am

Annie, on a slightly serious note my games are just me having fun playing around and if other people enjoy them all the better but would rather people who put more of themselves into their games to get the recognition they deserve in the competiton. That's also why I'm happy to donate £50 to the 'chosen one' for a job well done. I'm luckier than most as being an old git I don't have to worry about job security, worsening working conditions etc that affect most people in this current economic climate so I have the time to 'play around with my hobby' especially in this horrible weather where I can't be bothered to stick my nose outside the front door in case it freezes off.

Hopefully, Meph will get a game together and I have high hopes for Saleh's 'anthrax special' being finished too. Plus we should all shout at Lord D to get it together as well. As for Dizzy's Challenge, I'm having fun adding in loads of ways for people to screw up ... such as pressing this button reveals a secret cache in the wall and a bottle of potion you need to progress drops out. Unfortunately you forgot to put a pillow on the floor underneath it and the bottle has smashed! My ultimate aim in this game is for players to constantly question my parentage :dizzy_mad:

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:28 pm

And what about Noggin? He wrote that he probably won't finish "Don't Panic Dizzy" in time, but "Dizzy vs. the Snow Queen" could be entered...
And the Russian games... I'm not sure how is work on "The Ring of Zaks" proceeding, but "Night at the Museum" in a fine game - short, but it really has great graphics.