Spellbound Dizzy Remake - DizzyAGE Community Project

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Bloody hell that's a lot of issues! :O

You can tell the version I altered as it has my name added to the credits menu option. ;)
I'm really not sure when I'll next get chance to look at this.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

any news?

Post by universospectrum » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi,

So, does anyone has any news about this topic? :dizzy_smile:
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt

Pogie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Pogie » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 am

universospectrum wrote:Hi,

So, does anyone has any news about this topic? :dizzy_smile:

I've been waiting for this too but I don't think anybody's working on it or we'd have heard something by now. Assuming I'm not treading on somebody else's toes I'm going to "try" to see if there's anything I can do with what we've been given to work with. I don't have the super duper coding skills to do absolutely everything but I'm sure I can contribute something. If anybody wants to join forces I'm up for that! I'm sure we can get this thing done if we work together!

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by universospectrum » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:23 pm

I would, but beside not having awsome coding skill's i also lack the time to do so. :(
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt

Pogie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Pogie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Trying to decode another persons coding when you don't even truly understand your own coding is a bit of a mission. I am slowly getting to grips with some of what's wrong with certain parts of this unfinished game. But I just wanted to let everyone know that even if it means I have to rip out the guts and rewrite the entire thing in my own way that this remake will see the light of day eventually. It certainly won't have any of Peter's finesse but it'll be as close the original as I can make it. For those of you who haven't given up, know that I am determined to get this game completed. It's just such a shame that Peter had to walk away from it before the end - he really didn't have that much left to do!

Pogie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Pogie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Just a quick update to let anybody who is (still) interested in this one know that I am still working on it and still making progress!

I have run into trouble with the "style" of Peter's coding as it is quite different to how I've learned and I thought it might be worth going back into the code for his previous remakes to have a gander but the versions of his games I've got are all password protected! I know Peter doesn't come here now but does anybody else know the passwords or have any earlier versions of the games that are unpakable? It'd be handy but it's not essential.

Anyway, I have come up with solutions for most of the major bugs I've found and figured out the coding for the stuff Peter hadn't written yet except for two things. The merging of the Lite version with the full version (as he did with Magicland and 3&1/2) and the bizarre fading transparency of the menu background. Help or even vague suggestions are very welcome!

Are we concerned about multi-languages? Again, I have no idea how to code the switchover but I'll implement it if somebody translates it and tells me how (or just send the whole game for them to do it!)

I had hoped to get this out in a more or less finished state before Christmas but it looks like Easter is more realistic. It'll be out in 2014 anyway, I guarantee it!

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:09 pm

I don't think TUCA has a password, I recall using it learn how he coded those falling apples.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Pogie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Pogie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Meph wrote:I don't think TUCA has a password, I recall using it learn how he coded those falling apples.

:( The version I've got is password protected... "UNPAK FAILURE" it says! I think Peter put passwords on all his games when he did the last updates to them because I can remember unpaking Magicland a few years ago to find out where the Leprechaun was hidden. It's a bit of a shame because it's fun to have a look at how other people code things when you're a novice but I can understand that he would want to stop people monkeying around with his games!

Still, hopefully somebody, somewhere knows a password or has older versions of the games?

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Noggin was asking for the password for the TUCA remake recently, but he then said somebody had contacted him about it and now got what he wanted.

You could try PM'ing Peter, I know It's a stab in the dark but I know he does peep around once every several weeks.

Pogie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Pogie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks Adz, I'll give it a go :cool: