Enlightening Times Dizzy [PROGRESS THREAD]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 pm

See below. Post duplicated.

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:11 pm

quiggie wrote:as usual your lordship looks good and looking forward to playing :)
Thanks Quiggie, can't wait to get it finished to be honest on both fronts, so it ready for everyone to play and that it will free my time back up lol...although I expect some bugs will need addressing & some revisions required no doubt.

I've still got quite a lot of coding to do, work out some puzzles, testing, write my notes a record of what does what, where items are found or gain from where or whom & write the walkthrough.

The last bit might have to wait but if anyone gets stuck I need to remember myself what to do ha ha.

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Screenshots

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:13 pm

The game is nearing completion, the map is complete & the coding. I am so glad as it's been a lot of time and hard work !!. Posting some screen shots for you all to enjoy. Testing still to do and little bits only :v2_dizzy_smile:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:32 pm

:v2_dizzy_eek: looking impressive.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:54 pm

The detailing in all the rooms look really nice :)

You were the first person to release a DizzyAGE game last year, I have a feeling that you could again be the first to release a DizzyAGE game this year. :p

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Meph wrote: :v2_dizzy_eek: looking impressive.
Thanks Meph, as i've learnt more i've managed to progress each game but this one i'm really pleased with !!

Kirkub
Free Range Egg

Post by Kirkub » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Wow.

Except... I find the top of the screen hard on (my 37-year old) eyes. By that I mean: yellow moon, yellow diamond count, yellow lives count, yellow part of the energy bar, yellow diamond, then below... (take a breath) yellow Enlightening and finally yellow item name. All of it against black background. I think it's mostly the title vs the item name that bugs me.
Oh, I know. Also, from a certain distance it looks like "Unlightuning Times", too.

Small nitpicks, sorry.
Cheers!

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Adz.M wrote:The detailing in all the rooms look really nice :)

You were the first person to release a DizzyAGE game last year, I have a feeling that you could again be the first to release a DizzyAGE game this year. :p

Yeah I could be lol...to be fair i've been many months ahead as I started in March a bit after the previous release. Apart from 3 months where I didn't work on it it's taken me the longest of all of them, about 8-9months to do but across nearly the last year. It is my largest game & a lot of time has gone into it. And in need of a good rest !!

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Kirkub wrote:Wow.

Except... I find the top of the screen hard on (my 37-year old) eyes. By that I mean: yellow moon, yellow diamond count, yellow lives count, yellow part of the energy bar, yellow diamond, then below... (take a breath) yellow Enlightening and finally yellow item name. All of it against black background. I think it's mostly the title vs the item name that bugs me.
Oh, I know. Also, from a certain distance it looks like "Unlightuning Times", too.

Small nitpicks, sorry.
Cheers!

What size screen are you using ? I've got quite a large screen so that has never come into thought, maybe on a smaller screen the default colours of dizzyage on the hud with the title colours & ones i've used might make it harder to see.

Kirkub
Free Range Egg

Post by Kirkub » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Oh I've a 24.5" widescreen. Like I said, might be just my eyes or the light isn't right in the room at the moment (it's 1pm and quite bright). I shall wait for the finished product though. I will play it even if you put green polka dots on pink background in the HUD :) !