Pirate's Life Dizzy v1.06 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:58 pm

After having finished the game on v. 1.03, I downloaded the newest one. Short bug overview:
- lifebar 1 doesn't work, unfortunately (it would be the best): I see just a white stripe instead. Lifebar 2 works.
- I still can't go back to the pier when leaving the ship and now I guess I must have been having this problem since I downloaded v. 1.03. I press enter at the wooden sign and I'm back next to the small locked hut, but I fall through the pier. It's a pity because it seems impossible not to lose some energy underwater, in contact with the crabs. Doesn't anyone else have this problem?

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Nowhere Girl wrote:- lifebar 1 doesn't work, unfortunately (it would be the best): I see just a white stripe instead.
Same with me.
Nowhere Girl wrote:I still can't go back to the pier when leaving the ship and now I guess I must have been having this problem since I downloaded v. 1.03. I press enter at the wooden sign and I'm back next to the small locked hut, but I fall through the pier. It's a pity because it seems impossible not to lose some energy underwater, in contact with the crabs. Doesn't anyone else have this problem?
I've come across that too, which is strange because the bug wasn't there when I tested it or played v1.0 :confused:

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 pm

I introduced a bug, when i tried to fix another problem!
that has now been fixed.
I've reworked some cave exits to stop dizzy moving when the screen fades.
fixed a movement bug at the church tomb
reduced the frame count of the lifebar tile by half
found api was set to 1 in dizzy.inf. This normally is set to 0. When reset, it fixed the lifebar animation on my laptop. (some computers will need it set to 1. if so, choose lifebar 2 or 3 in game options)

I was unable to find a problem with the minecart. was this after game saving/loading?. reaching a particular bend or set of points?

v1.05 will be released shortly
ImageImageImage

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:45 pm

v1.05 now up :)

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:59 pm

thank you!
ImageImageImage

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Colin wrote:I was unable to find a problem with the minecart. was this after game saving/loading?
In my case I had saved a game shortly before a bend, then I tried to turn and found myself out of tracks...

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:08 pm

v1.05 is up on DizzyAGE too

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Nowhere Girl wrote:In my case I had saved a game shortly before a bend, then I tried to turn and found myself out of tracks...
I never saved while on the tracks - always before I jumped onto the cart, but I got the problem a few times, but I have no idea how I managed to do it, sorry
Insert signature here

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Have I found a new bug?
Version 1.05.
I opened the tomb door and when I try to go back to the church island, I'm standing in front of the tomb, but I'm unable to move. It's a pity - I may have to take a longer way to get there, and I will have to go there again.

dharr999
Free Range Egg

Post by dharr999 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:55 pm

I have the same problem. Opened the lock and investiaged, but then went back for a second look, it freezes.