Dizzy3D ?

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:56 pm

woodpigeon wrote:Does anyone else feel the same way as me to have a rebirth of Dizzy?
not me dude, sorry. I'm mainly interested in the coding.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

woodpigeon
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by woodpigeon » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:11 pm

What type of coding? :v2_dizzy_confused3:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:03 pm

what I meant is that I'm not actually bothered which format a Dizzy game is in, as it's mainly the coding that interests me.

Besides, I've already said elsewhere that I believe Codies would block any 3D Dizzy game that was made, whether it was free or not.

woodpigeon
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by woodpigeon » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:14 pm

oh right cool I get ya. mmmm but what about "Dizzy The Lost Island" that was a 3d one. I'm sure it can still be done.

But if its something you aren't keen in doing I can't of course force you. :dizzy_smile:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm not aware of any Dizzy 3D project that has been completed. There's loads of people who've said 'oh I'm going to do a 3d Dizzy game!' and then not completed it.

woodpigeon
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by woodpigeon » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:44 pm

Totally agree there with you. But would you be tempted in working in a project. I can do the art for it. We could base it on a previous Dizzy?

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Besides, I've already said elsewhere that I believe Codies would block any 3D Dizzy game that was made, whether it was free or not.
If you jump out and start saying "hey, Dizzy 3D is in work! It's 90% done!" then yes, they will block it.
But if you release the game without warning, they won't do anything.I speaked with some guy who works in game making company(CD project) about similiar topic.He said that most companies will try to block fan games if it was not released yet(plus game must to look good).But if it was already released thay can't remove it from net(like it was possible...)Yes, they can ask to delete it but still... that's too much effort.

@Woodpingeon
I was playing with 3D environment and I noticed I'm really bad at making models, rigid models etc.But coding was a breeze(well, almost).
Here's something quick I did 2 years ago(?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaUGqWXTXyE
It's not impressive but good as a quick test.
If you can make models(nice one's please), rig them propelly, and find some more peoople to form a Team then, maybe I will think about Dizzy 3D.(But it will take lot of time and effort to complete, etc.)
I'm not aware of any Dizzy 3D project that has been completed.
Like woodpingeon said, "Dizzy The Lost Island" is in 3D.
We could base it on a previous Dizzy?
I'd like to see 3D dizzy games as new games with new (main?) characters plot etc., not remakes of old games.

I myself, would like to see 3D Dizzy as sidescroller.Not First Person View/Third Person View.Sidescroller with 3D models and cutscenes based on engine.That's my opinion. :v2_dizzy_wink2:

woodpigeon
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by woodpigeon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Hey Dizzy9! Nice to hear your thoughts on the subject. The only reason why I suggested a remake was because we wouldn't need to worry about game design layouts or creating new characters etc...We would have something to work from instantly. If it goes well, then we could stray away?

I can start with making a 3d dizzy and rigging him up. I'm guessing a 8k-10k poly limit?

What type of engine do you reckon is best to do this all in?

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:26 am

I can start with making a 3d dizzy and rigging him up. I'm guessing a 8k-10k poly limit?
Um, not sure...I don't know much about moddeling.
What type of engine do you reckon is best to do this all in?
Blender seems to be most popular modeling program+it's totaly free so it's (I guess) best choice.It also allows some kind of game engine...I'll check it out.
Also, before you start making any models consider following:
If you make a model this won't give 100% guarantee of me making Dizzy3D.
But still, I'm not only programmer, you can find others and ask them.

woodpigeon
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by woodpigeon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi Dizzy9,

No I was asking about the poly limit because I didn't know if you have an engine or can make an engine or work from an engine etc... I always considered the programmers the gods of games that write all the rules for us simple artists :v2_dizzy_smile:

I thought blender was just a modelling program, never heard of it having an engine or anything like that. Umm, UDK looks cool, never worked on it though. But theres loads of tutorials out there. Also alot of people use Unity too, but Unreal is free to use, seeing we ain't selling the game of course.

No worries Dizzy9, thanks for your reply though. Offers are open to anyone to join no matter what skills. :v2_dizzy_cheers: