New DizzyAGE Fan Games List

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:02 pm

hmmm I did think of doing an xmas one, but I'm running out of maps...

was gonna use the Dizzy 3.5 map, but I'm using it for this training thing.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:37 pm

I knew it was too good to be true... Sooner or later, Real Life? gets in the way. It's a sad day when Delta decides that enough is enough, and making [excellent and largely unsurpassed] Dizzy games just isn't going to put bread on the table. I've enjoyed Dizzy games by all the community here, most of the DizzyAGE ones immensely, but there's something about one by Jamie that just... It gives me that same feeling as when I play an original Dizzy title. It's got 'that' magic and certain air of innocence about it. I have loved them all, and promise I will finish more than the three or four that I have at some point!

Thank you for the hundreds of hours you've put in, and I hope that with the release of Curse of the Mystics and Dizzy Stories you received many donations to cover your time, on top of our endless appreciation. Many of your coding tips and techniques will pass through game after game I am sure, but we'll all know it was you who rode the storm to figure them all out in the first place :)

~M~

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:39 pm

delta wrote:hmmm I did think of doing an xmas one, but I'm running out of maps...
I'd like to see Treasure Island turned from sand to snow! That would be something! Maybe freeze over the big lake you take the boat across, and have the shop keeper complaining about how the microwave doesn't work any more due to the cold weather. :dizzy_biggrin:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:04 pm

don't have a map of it. The map that Peter did has updated colours etc.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Mataeus wrote:there's something about one by Jamie that just... It gives me that same feeling as when I play an original Dizzy title. It's got 'that' magic and certain air of innocence about it.
Thank you, that's what I aim for! :embarassed:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Mataeus wrote:I knew it was too good to be true... Sooner or later, Real Life? gets in the way. It's a sad day when Delta decides that enough is enough, and making [excellent and largely unsurpassed] Dizzy games just isn't going to put bread on the table. I've enjoyed Dizzy games by all the community here, most of the DizzyAGE ones immensely, but there's something about one by Jamie that just... It gives me that same feeling as when I play an original Dizzy title. It's got 'that' magic and certain air of innocence about it. I have loved them all, and promise I will finish more than the three or four that I have at some point!

Thank you for the hundreds of hours you've put in, and I hope that with the release of Curse of the Mystics and Dizzy Stories you received many donations to cover your time, on top of our endless appreciation. Many of your coding tips and techniques will pass through game after game I am sure, but we'll all know it was you who rode the storm to figure them all out in the first place :)

~M~

Couldn't agree more.
No doubt after a year or so he will get an itch and just wouldn't be able to help himself... Dizzy is for life not just for easter.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

mickyblueeyes
Hard Boiled Egg
Location: Bury now, but lived all over this part of Lancashire

Post by mickyblueeyes » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:07 pm

[I have to say I'm looking forward to a training map from Jamie]
Over the last few years I've enjoyed Delta's games. I wish I had the mind set to be able to work with Dizzyage like Delta has, and create the scripts that have changed the way that Dizzyage works.
[one thought for Delta, why not take a section of your own games to use as a map?]
I've spent 2 years working on a game, on and off,without ever getting to the beta stage. The concept,the puzzles, the story were all there, I just couldn't get it to work in Dizzyage the way I thought it would.
(If anybody's interested in a project titled "Dizzy, In Search of the Lost Chord" [Moody Blues])
And another thing, I like the Valhalla style games. Having been unable to finish the first free game and then trying to finish the Dizzy Legends games I begin to wonder if it's just me being an 'owd fart who should be put out to pasture or are the games getting too hard or as Mataeus says Real Life? gets in the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 pm

The actual Valhalla series is incredibly difficult! Makes CoTM seem like childs play! So no, it's not just you with that. :)

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:21 pm

This Tutorial is gonna be huge! I'm averaging about 6 pages per puzzle, and there's 10 puzzles! Not to mention placing baddies and coins to explain, as well as an ending! I'm currently up to 20 pages (3 puzzles done), but I reckon it's going to be about 90 pages when finished. :v2_dizzy_scared:

The good news is that it will talk people through EVERYTHING that they need to do to write a small game; and of course once they've done it, they will have written a nice small game of their own :dizzy_smile:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:22 pm

I've added my tutorial to the list, even though technically it isn't a game.

28 pages done, 4 puzzles. :v2_dizzy_blink: