Treasure Island Dizzy (DizzyAGE Remake) v2.4 [DOWNLOADABLE] [UPGRADE IN PROGRESS]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:29 pm

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:55 am

On some of the screens (both mine screens and two upper screens that have cage traps) the inventory list changes to having a red background.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 am

Peter wrote:Ok, Version 2.4 is up

http://www.yolkfolk.com/site/games.php?game_id=19
And what changes happened? The picture at the beginning new, sounds of a jump and falling were added. But sounds of torches and water it seems aren't present. For this purpose it is necessary to do the atmosphere and music separately. Otherwise because of music it isn't audible anything.

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyG » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:22 pm

Thanks for that! A lot of the syntax I still don't understand but I wish I'd had it when I was making my first game. My own idea was to use AIUpdateChainlink and treat the scroll like a spider, with a black block on layer 6 just underneath so the text can be hidden and revealed. I guess I'd also have to set the block of text to a tile in that case. But the game I'm doing now is using 16 bit graphics with backgrounds. Anyway, I'm off to check out the update :tup:

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:27 pm

AndyG, use graphics as ZX-Spectrum, only more multi-colored better. Also don't stir styles, not really beautifully leaves.

But if game is with graphics 16-bit, use this new cursor, as in this game. It smoother. And Dizzy here as on Amiga.

http://www.yolkfolk.com/bb/showthread.p ... WNLOADABLE