New Game Maybe??

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Re: New Game Maybe??

Post by Adz.M » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Grandad wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:00 am
now let's all tell Adam to stop having a life and go and find a dark basement to inhabit and live on mars bars and crisps - that should boost anyone's enthusiasm :tup:
I already live on Mars bars and crisps. :p

Mind you, It'll probably take something out of the blue to get my thoughts going again. :v2_dizzy_rolleyes:

Lee
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Lee » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Hello all.
I've been registered for quite a while but haven't been able to contribute because each time I tried to post,the activation email wouldn't appear in my inbox.Seems to have worked this time.It has been really frustrating when I've been stuck and couldn't post in the help thread.Actually the last time,I was wanting to give some pointers myself because I breezed through Grandad's last game when everyone else was stuck.That was one of the only ones I completed without help,certainly the only Grandad game.
I check the dizzyage page regularly for new games.I notice the last game not by either of the Steves was Feb 17 so new games are becoming more infrequent sadly for me.
In answer to the initial post,I would love a new game from Noggin.Sunken Castle is my favourite Dizzy,possibly because it was the first dizzyage one I played and was so wowed by but I think not.It has such replay value.I played it again a few weeks ago on hard and came to the conclusion it was impossible,though someone on the help thread has beaten it.Don't Panic is also a favourite.
I also particularly like Grandad's naugtier titles.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Ha, let's see if you can breeze through my latest one Lee :v2_dizzy_cheers:

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Noggin the Nog » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Thanks Lee!

It's always good to hear if people like my games (or even if they don't! :p )

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:39 pm

I still greatly enjoy Dizzy AGE games. I too haven't posted in a while because there are few new games, but I greatly regret that Dizzy AGE definitely seems to be having its heydays behind it. On the other hand - at least it was a success, over the years probably about 200 games have been created! So by all means make another game - and more, if you would change your mind. I also hope that the Russian team who remade the Spectrum fan game "Dizzy X" will also remake "Dizzy Y". They wrote that they aren't sure and I haven't heard from them since - and the Dizzy AGE version of "Dizzy X" was visually astonishing...
Even though I pretty much have no visual imagination - I'm an extreme verbal thinker and I can only "think about how something looks like", never visualise (at least not without a certain kind of external help...) - I'm a sucker for eye candy when it comes to games. Let's diverge from Dizzy for a while: for example, I greatly liked "Broken Sword" 1, 2 and 5 (plus I also enjoyed the fan game "Broken Sword 2,5: The Return of the Templars") and didn't even bother to play parts 3 and 4 because it's ugly 3D... Back to Dizzy: I never really appreciated Spectrum and have no sentiment for it because I always used to have PCs (the first, non-mine computer I played was an Atari, if I remember well) with DOS and then Windows (btw, I'm such a technological conservative that I deliberately chose Windows 7 even though my computer is just two years old) - but I love the effect some talented game makers can squeeze out of Dizzy Spectrum sprites. I actually like the Dizzy AGE games which are based on Spectrum sprites the best. And the effects achieved in some of the best Dizzy AGE games are really amazing. Some of the ones I liked best in terms of graphics were "Dizzy X", "Mystic Forest Dizzy", "Don't Panic Dizzy", "Dizzy and the Ring of Zaks", "Grogg Island Dizzy", "A Pirate's Life Dizzy", "Dizzy vs. the Snow Queen"... (Btw, I really liked it when I realised that one of the melodies used in that game is "Shchedryk / Carol of the Bells"; I started playing this game for my Ukrainian teacher to show it to her and I asked if she recognises the tune and she started singing: "Shchedryk, shchedryk, shchedrivochka...". :D)