Dizzy Backstory

A place to post interesting information to the community.
DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:14 pm

Thats an intersting line of thought you've given me:

Maybe the yolkfolk are diamond smuggling gangsters: They own huge expensive palaces but use the jungle treehuts as cover to escape the fuzz.

Being, filthy rich criminal masterminds, they'd also think nothing of leaving diamonds & gold coins scattered all over the place - when they are so loaded.
Dora & Daisy would be their ho's - they look like they wear too much makeup and not much else...

Hmm.... I can just picture Dylan with a Machete & Dizzy brandishing a sub oozi 9mm.

:dizzy_cool:

No, this train of thought is not good.... :v2_dizzy_tongue2:
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:12 pm

and of course, Grand Dizzy is The Eggfather.... :p

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:12 pm

lol

I bet he can make you an omlette you cant refuse....
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

ianforcer
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ianforcer » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:24 am

DizzyFanUK wrote:Hello,

Why? - no real reason other than pure fun discussion - unless anyone fancies writing Dizzy the novel, screenplay or musical?

:v2_dizzy_happy:
I'm working on the novel very soon and hope to have completed by Summer '09. There will be 'adult' and 'child' versions - the former being dark and violent, the latter being more universal for youngsters.

I intend to include several chapters of backstory before TUCA occurred. :dizzy_cool:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:00 pm

ianforcer wrote:There will be 'adult' version. :dizzy_cool:
:v2_dizzy_eek:
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

Was it a joke?

Post by universospectrum » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:14 pm

ianforcer wrote:I'm working on the novel very soon and hope to have completed by Summer '09. There will be 'adult' and 'child' versions - the former being dark and violent, the latter being more universal for youngsters.

I intend to include several chapters of backstory before TUCA occurred. :dizzy_cool:

Are you really writing something or was this just a joke???

I'm asking this because if you are writing something I won't write anything myself... but, if you aren't, i have a few ideas on Yolkfolk's origins... :D
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

I think you guys are going to shot me but... here it goes

Post by universospectrum » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:17 pm

- What species of egg is a Yolkfolk?

Previous Answer (R): Somebody mentioned on the old Forums that Dizzy is a turkey egg

UniversoSpectrum Answer (us_A): I don't think there is a specie... they're just Yolkfolk... But if there was to be a version of it... well if we take a look into the "teddy bear" Dizzy the Oliver Twins have in their photo i would have to say that it was a kind of ostrich egg (it's bigger than a turkey egg)

- Why do we never see Grandma Dizzy?

R:Maybe she was in the same Yolkfolk village as Danny, who knows? She could even be called Grand Daisy.

us_A: i liked this idea, maybe they need of, at least, one older yolkfolk in each village to guide them... not sure about the name... but it could work...

this need of an older person could be justified by the idea of only the older eggs know a secret blessing formula to allow/bless the younger ones with children. Since that in the Danny's village they were missing an older person Grandma Dizzy was the best choice... So she went into Danny's Village.

- How do yolkfolk reproduce (assuming they are all family/friends?) - do they use a surrogate egg laying creature?

R: I think the Yolkfolk were created by powerful sorcerers, and that Zaks and Theodore may have been involved somehow.

us_A: Cool!!!they could have been originally created by evil sorcerers to make them work as slaves but then 2 good sorcerers (the Oliver wizards ;) decided to free them, and from that day until now there are always at least one sorcerer to protect them - at this time - Theodore. the reproduce part... well "It's a Kind of magic" (as Freddie Mercury would say) - If the love between 2 egg is true and they have been "blessed" by the older ancient of the village, the new child will magically appear in the first full moon after the "blessing"

- Do baby Yolkfolk hatch from eggs?

us_A: No, They appear magically within the night.. no one ever saw their appearance... (but between us... well some magic stars could make the new child appear ;)

- is Dizzy a bad egg because he floats in water?

LOLOLOLOL Maybe their gloves and shoes are just full of air LOLOLOLOLOLOL

- What is about Daisy that makes Dizzy want to do so much for her - She aint that pretty. - Is she perhaps his loan shark, or does she know some dark secret about our hero, that unless he obeys her every whim such as trekking off to find danger - she'll reveal all to the local tabloids?

us_A: No dark secrets... and she doesn't need to be beautiful to us... true love is blind... what really cares is what she is inside... and i think this is why Dizzy loves her

- What exactly is a Fluffle? Why do they come in different colors and why are they so hard to catch when all they do is sit there all day?

R:There maybe more to a Fluffle than meets the eye.

us_A: Well... the color variation might be explained the same way that a chameleon changes his color... it has everything to do whit their feelings... if they are sad they are one color... if their happy they are another... and so on... We saw Poggie running in the Fantastic Dizzy... but Poggie is a "domesticated" Fluffle and that's why he is "sit there all day" in a lot of games ;)

- How do you tell the sex of a fluffle?

us_A: they're are like frogs, they don't have sex...

- Is a fluffle for life or just for Christmas Dizzy?

R:In Daisy's case, for life.

us_A: They are usually most seen around Christmas time and it is known they have a very long life (specially if they are well treated, which is Poggie's case). Everything else is actually unknown

- Where does Zaks come from and is he really evil or just misunderstood (like the Wicked Witch in the show Wicked)?

R:Well he does cast spells that make old, spells that make people blind, (all together now!) and makes it rain every Sunday during the Cricket! The truth of Zaks will probably remain a mystery.

us_A: Zaks was the one that created Yolkfolk to make them work for him as slaves (yes... something like "Luke, I'm your father..."). He is an evil wizard! He learned his magic with Merlin and was originally a good wizard... but when he realized how much power he had, it started to control everything around him... and eventually turned evil... However Merlin also teached another wizards - 2 twin brothers that eventually came to rescue Zaks slaves (the yolkfolk). Zaks Uses his magic to keep living on for a very long time... he born somewhere in the V century.

The first Yolkfolk he created was Humpty Dumpty and after he saw how smart/hard working it was he decided to create a few more. After they're release Zaks sent a few wolf-like beasts to get them back and it was then that Humpty Dumpty figure out that if they where in a high place (like a wall!) the beasts couldn't reach them... (After the poor old Humpty fall, the yolkfolk decided the wall was not secure enough and decided to go living in tree houses!)

- also does it mean Dizzys full name is Dizzy Dizzy?

R:I mentioned on another thread that the Yolkfolk's full names may have the word "Yolk" in it, like Dizzy Yolkford. :P

us_A: well explained!!! ;) Dizzy is his first name!!!

- or if 'dizzy' is the species of egg.... does anyone know Dizzys real name?

us_A: Question Above!

- and Danny being the cousin which side of the family?

us_A: well... it could be from his mother side of the family
us_A: Update - according to official story Danny is Dizzy's nephew... so this question does not apply...

- Has Theodore spent his entire life protecting the Yolkfolk?

us_A: Yes, he is the actual Yolkfolk protector wizard. And it is a great honor for him to do so!

- Where are Dizzy & Dora's parents?

us_A: They live on the other village with Dizzy's Grandma. They went with her in case she needs any help and to avoid her feeling away from her family.

Dizzy and Dora stayed with Grand Dizzy so he wouldn't fell so alone and also because Dizzy really loves his Grandpa.

- How is Danny Dizzy's nephew? Does Dizzy have an older sibling never mentioned in the series?

us_A: Update - Dizzy has an older sister that lives in Danny's village... they were eggnapped but Theodore was able to rescue them with magic at the same time Dizzy ended Magicland adventure (that's why they don't show up on the games). Danny, however, liked so much of the time spent in Dizzy's village that he now comes very often

- Which year does Dizzy's adventures really take place?

us_A: First of all a few history lessons. Yolkfolk live in a different reality... An paralell Universe to ours (they can have access to our world with magic gates but they don't use them very often... Humpty Dumpty was a few times in our world until Zaks found out!!!) . It's not known when Yolkfolk speccie was born (zaks created them in secret) and we can find references to Humpty Dumpty (the first Yolkfolk) a few times in history... specially in the XVIII century.

This is explained because Yolkfolk have a very long life... around 500 years each. Anyway Dizzy's Adventures take place in the same year the games were released... only in another Universe

- Is there really more than one Yolkfolk Village if Danny's from a different Yolkfolk settlement?

us_A: Yes, there are a few more villages

- What was Rockwart really like as a King before brainwashed by Zaks?

No idea... some liked him, others didn't (we can't please everyone)... however i think it was a Fair king and that was the reason why Zaks had to brainwash him

- Why is Daisy always the victim of being kiddnapped by Zaks?

us_A: Because it's the best way to make Dizzy face his traps. You see, there is an ancient legend that says that one day their will be born a fearless Yolkfolk that will free the land from evil... This Yolkfolk will be decedent from Humpty Dumpty but the evil can not touch him or it will face the consequences of his actions. Zaks, using his magic figure out that this fearless egg might be Dizzy, but since it cannot kill him he sets traps and hopes

Dizzy fall into one... (however, sometimes Zaks becomes really mad and looses his head... when this happens he tries kill Dizzy directly using magic... this ends up with him trapped somewhere)

- Zaks is forever going round kidnapping various members of the Yolkfolk (Magicland, Kwik Snax, Fantastic etc) but why does he never take any action against the one Yolkfolk who poses the greatest threat?!

us_A: Question Above

- If Dizzy is an egg, how does his insides work? is it a biological miracle? does Dizzy have kidneys, lungs or even an appendix?

us_A: Magic ;)

- I wonder if they are related to Humpty Dumpty?????

us_A: Humpty Dumpty, was the first of Yolkfolk specie (there are a few others that were created after him... but he was the first!). Some say that because he was the first he had a few more magic inside him and he is still alive and didn't grow older that his 30th's, others say that is just a silly legend... believe in what you want... ;)

- Why is it that the yolkfolk tree houses seem to be moving about from one game to the next?

R: Perhaps the Yolkfolk are travelling Nomads so they move on from area to area like native indians in the rainforest, hence the relocation of the treehouse complex.
I guess they could build near castles as would mean an area for trade... although what they trade in I don't know (Diamonds?)

(OBS: - its not a surprise that yolkfolk dont notice when each other get eggnapped as they're proably all still trying to get used to the fact their house has moved and adjusting to life with constantly changing neighbours.
us_A: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL )

us_A: Not just that but, everytime Zaks finds their villages (and eggnapped the Yolkfolk) their forced to move into another place cause they aren't safe anymore. They could trade diamonds, gold, food... etc...

- I wonder also where does Pogie actually live/who owns him?

us_A: Why, Daisy, of course!

- makes you wonder how heavy they are considering dizzy can stand on clouds.

us_A: It's not just them that aren't heavy... but also the clouds are different...

- and i've always wondered what was that castle in the sky?

us_A: Zaks' Magic (LOLOLOLOL)

- Is Daisy supposed to be wearing boxing gloves or pom poms?

us_A: boxing gloves inside the pom poms (which are used once in a while)!

- Why is there such a juxtapostion medieval and modern technology? Is Kathmandu the aftermath of a society which collapsed into chaos and is now rebuilding itself?

us_A: well, their evolution was different from ours... magic is a lot more used in their universe than in ours... that influenced the science evolution...

Please note... this is just a few ideas i had... no one has to agree with them or even like them... they're just ideas...

However you could put your owns and we, as Yolkfolk community start building Yolkfolk's history... Maybe even (after we all agree) we could send them to The Oliver Twins haha
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:59 am

Here's some I've thought about recently. It involves Dozy

:egg: Was Dozy really born as a heavy sleeper?
:egg: Did he used to be an Adventurer like Dizzy? Seeing that Dozy's age is unknown he could be a lot older than Dizzy?
:egg: Did he have a Spell put on him that made him extremly lazy? If so, is Dozy really his real name or did the Yolkfolk just name him and let him live in their village?

Or it could very possibly be that Dozy comes from a lazy family. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by universospectrum » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:53 am

- Was Dozy really born as a heavy sleeper?

Well, he always liked to sleep... but he has been perfecting this technique over the years LOLOLOLOLOL

- Did he used to be an Adventurer like Dizzy?

Oh no... Adventures are not his style!!! Only if he feels he really has to (e.g. if Dizzy gets eggnaped) otherwise he just prefers to give you a hand (glove) pass the problem to someone else and get to sleep. And let's face it...it's not that Dozy doesn't care, but Dizzy normally takes care of the adventures/problems... so, for Dozy there's not much left to do and since he loves a good nap..... ZzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

- Seeing that Dozy's age is unknown he could be a lot older than Dizzy?

Has to his age...I think he's a bit older than Dizzy (2 or 3 years)... In fact between all the yolkfolk we know they only differ 3, 4 years from each other... so they're all from the same generation... (except Grand-Dizzy!)

- Did he have a Spell put on him that made him extremly lazy?

Nop... at least not that I know of.... it's just pure sleepiness ;)

- If so, is Dozy really his real name or did the Yolkfolk just name him and let him live in their village?

Dozy is really his real name and he's a true Yolkfolk!

- Or it could very possibly be that Dozy comes from a lazy family?

Well that kind of things actually do pass in genes/magic hehehheheheh so... yes, i think it is some kind of family inheritance

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:42 pm

You're both wrong - the reason why Dozy sleeps during the day is obvious:
He's a student!!