Using Images/GFX from Yolkfolk.com

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Using Images/GFX from Yolkfolk.com

Postby Dizzy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:31 pm

I would like to say to people that the images on this site have taken a long time to collate and to create. I appreceate it if people do not try and 'rip-off' images from this website.

http://www.sagaodizzy.narod.ru/index0.html

This website is a prime example of using images from this website without the owner asking.

http://www.dizzyland.ru

Another webby that did the same but has recently 'altered' the images so it isnt an exact rip but a replicates it as close as possible.

It really annoys me when people just dont ask and plagerise material.

Sorry for the rant but it has to be said.
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby delta » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:43 pm

why does http://www.sagaodizzy.narod.ru/index0.html look like it was coded 10 years ago?

it looks like utter shite.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:52 pm

You can easily tell the sagaodizzy site has ripped GFX from this site. :sick:

I'm always shocked to see sites that rip-off Yolkfolk's images. :tdown:

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Dizzy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:01 pm

Joy of Joys.. i got a reply for the lastest Yolkfolk.com remake winner..

"Dear Andrew Joseph! I sincerely Ask YOU to excuse me on cause of the changed scenes with your site... Since I have no artistic inclinations and draw the own scene loved me hero I can not, that asked YOU to forgive me for such absurd history...In the near future I try to correct the situation.Thank you for understanding.Respectfully yours Zergus"

Many thanks 'Zergus'. Seriously, it makes the internet a better place when people realise their mistakes and appologise. :v2_dizzy_happy:
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

Nitro
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Nitro » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:41 pm

The owner of dizzyland.ru is a member of the forums here, he goes by the username SLIDER. I checked out his site thought, pretty nifty all the same. :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Ghostface
Free Range Egg

Postby Ghostface » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:58 pm

I hope nobody took offence with my banner, its only used on here after all.. I do know what the admin is saying though, and recently i have had the same with someone taking images from my site.. and thankfully he said sorry and promptly removed them off his wikia page..

geekgirl101
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby geekgirl101 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Hand-drawn images I can understand if taken without permission, but graphics taken from the game? If you didn't actually take them yourself and "borrowed" them from someone else then I see nothing wrong with adding credit to where you found them if you use them (but it's always nice to ask first before doing so, especially if they were modified.) Am I missing something?

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Dizzy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:33 pm

geekgirl101 wrote:Hand-drawn images I can understand if taken without permission, but graphics taken from the game? If you didn't actually take them yourself and "borrowed" them from someone else then I see nothing wrong with adding credit to where you found them if you use them (but it's always nice to ask first before doing so, especially if they were modified.) Am I missing something?

There is a difference between just using the images and just ripping off the layout and style of the site :)

geekgirl101
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby geekgirl101 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Ah right, yeah if it was a complete rip then that's just a bit naughty. :P Glad to see they've respected the official site and came up with something creative themselves.