What are your earliest Dizzy memories?

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:46 pm

Amstrad!! that the one..

bloody Amiga.. thats the one with the floppy's isn't it..lol

Yeah nasty Green screen.. many games you couldn't play because of that.

laffer35
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by laffer35 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:21 am

My first Dizzy memory was... hmm let's see if I can remember...

Oh yeah! Three days ago! :v2_dizzy_happy:

I guy I know on MSN recommended that I check these games out.. I'd never played them before (even though I started playing games in 1987).
I always had a C64 though, never owned a Speccy. And none of my friends had any Dizzy games (and I was 7 years old and could not afford to actually buy anything back then :O ).

Anyway, I've been playing the games nonstop now for three days and I've finished Dizzy 1&2 (without using any hints I'm proud to say :D ). I did not get all the coins in Dizzy 2 though, I'll have to play that game more later and look more for the coins.

Started on the third one now and just got past the dragon.. these games are kickass! :D

laffer35
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by laffer35 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:10 am

Hah, finished Dizzy 3 already. Awesome game! Best game in the series so far. Cool meeting some other eggfolk or whatever you call them :D

It was a little easier than the two previous ones though.. perhaps because the puzzles were more logical? I don't know, I had much more trouble with Dizzy 2 in any case.

Now to find the rest of those damn coins..

EDIT - had to use a few hints for the coin locations in this game.. I'm not very patient with things like these. Needed help with the one on that long jump cloud, the one behind the big tree and that damn illusion room.. took me ages to get back out of there btw! :o

RobGBA
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by RobGBA » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:51 pm

The First Game I Got(which was for dos) When I Was 7 Is Magicland dizzys.Before i got it,i thought it was a weird mr potato head game by hasbro!!it appeared to be the best game i played.earlier on i played a dizzy game that was called something like Mc Donalds Dizzy with a running potato on the cover and a killer carrot too!?!?
Wow, I haven't been here for a while. :v2_dizzy_walkman:

Penfold
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Penfold » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:22 pm

Mataeus wrote:Like my posts then ;)
That would have been the Amstrad by all accounts. I remember that had a cheap, crappy green-screen monitor. The colour one was much better. Is this right? Did Dizzy come out on the Amstrad?

Anyway, my earliest memory of Dizzy was... Probably... I actually don't know. Fantasy World or Magicaland. Unsure.

But anyway, my earliest FULL dizzy memory was completing Magicland for the first time! It's still fresh in my mind... Going down into Hades, dealing with the Devil, collecting all the Diamonds, having one life left for about... Ooo.... An hour. And then.... The Congratulatory screen full of text! I had done it! Ranks right up there for me with completing Last Ninja II without any cheats. Oh yes.
My first Dizzy memory was a cut down version of TUCA free with the Amstrad Action magazine. I must have been about 12 then. That got me into Dizzy, and I remember buying the full TUCA, and Treasure Island.

Magic Land dizzy was definately the best of them on the Amstrad (I thought Spellbound was too long - especially with the constant rock collecting).

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyUK » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:50 pm

Penfold wrote:My first Dizzy memory was a cut down version of TUCA free with the Amstrad Action magazine. I must have been about 12 then. That got me into Dizzy, and I remember buying the full TUCA, and Treasure Island.

Magic Land dizzy was definately the best of them on the Amstrad (I thought Spellbound was too long - especially with the constant rock collecting).
Thats my earliest memory too, except i was only 4, so i didnt play properly. I just paused and typed in THANKS to get the cheat to move from screen to screen for fun.
I remember getting the full versions and finding it confusing that the items were in different places and the well at the start was actually solid! lol

Also i remember hating Treasure island dizzy when we first got it, and asking to play Dizzy 1 instead. Of course i grew to love it

DARRANB
Your Backpack is Empty

Treasure Island Dizzy

Post by DARRANB » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Mine has to be playing treasure island dizzy on the spectrum, this was my favourite game of all tinme, got me into computers in a big way, I'M glad peter teal done an excellent Dizzyage remake of this game. I play this on my asus 7 inch laptop when on the move to live those good old days when I was a child. The graphics were just incredible for the spectrum, even looks good now on my asus.

ToxieDogg
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:41 pm

Claires Kempston Joystick wrote:Hi,

I can remeber going to my local newsagents and going throught their speccy games and finding Treasure Island Dizzy. Not having enough money, I went running home to borrow ?1 from my Mum so I could go and get it!
Then after waiting for the game to load, I went right, straight into the water and died! X)

Thats my earliest Dizzy memory, whats yours?

Claire :v2_dizzy_happy:
Quite similar actually...I'd never played the original Dizzy but remember hearing a lot of good things about it, then one Saturday when I was out shopping with my mum and dad, I was looking through the Speccy games in Woolworths (RIP) and saw Treasure Island Dizzy...I'd had my pocket money that week but my dad kindly let me have an advance on next week's....I was dead excited about gettin home and playing it.

Loved the loading screen, really set the storyline for the game. Then it finished loading...I eagerly started the game....and then did exactly the same thing (ran straight into the water and drowned). Good times! :D
It's ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! - David Darling