New Forum layout

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

New Forum layout

Postby Grandad » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:31 am

As far as I'm concerned this new layout of of the community forums is total pants!!

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Re: New Forum layout

Postby Adz.M » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:57 pm

It wasn't until you posted I noticed this theme doesn't have a 'new post' icon. :O

I think the forum is currently being planned to be re-tinkered with as the previous custom layout was mysteriously wiped.

Suggestions are of course welcome if there's anything here that requires improving or looking into.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:29 am

Maybe it was just the newness Adam, but logging in today the left hand blob on the general thread had changed colour and the right hand side showed the last post was from you - and running the mouse over the left hand blob did bring up the 'unread posts' comment.

Maybe it's just me but all this black is quite depressing as it reminds me of being back in school and looking at everything on a blackboard :(

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Dizzy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am

It will be sorted 'Granddad'.
As Adz said, the theme mysteriously disappeared from the server completely. which is rather strange.
It will be updated and sorted soon.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:24 am

Aaaagghhh! What's happened now. OK, I wasn't overly impressed with the amount of black, but at least the big fat squares lit up to indicate new posts. This new layout has gone back to not being able to instantly see if there are any new posts unless you run the mouse over the icon as some are in colour, some not, but there's no consistency as of the two new posts, one was in colour, the other in gray :dizzy_mad:

What's even worse, the 'treehouse' looks more like a Disney version of the treehuts.

PS - spot on Frogman, shame I don't know how to work the 'instant chat' thingee :v2_dizzy_confused3:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Most of the forum post icons (especially the one's involving Fan Games and Random Ramblings on the main page) are planned to be replaced to look more Dizzy-ish.

When - I don't know for the moment.

Grandad wrote:PS - spot on Frogman, shame I don't know how to work the 'instant chat' thingee :v2_dizzy_confused3:

??

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Grandad - For the chat box, it is very simple. Below the messages and before the 'eggoticons', there is a box, so just type in there and press the SEND button below it, easy!

Adz - I agree with Grandad's confusion on the icons. For example, on the forum homepage, the General Discussion icon was coloured before I read this thread, but has now greyed out, which is correct and normal. However, the Fan Games and Random Ramblings icons are still in colour with no new posts in them - the last post in RR is 19th April! One other thing I have noticed with the new format is that you used to get routed to the last unread post in a thread, but now I get routed to the last post in a thread instead.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:02 pm

frogandhat wrote:However, the Fan Games and Random Ramblings icons are still in colour with no new posts in them

That's one of the updates I was trying to say. It annoys me aswell! :laugh:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:05 am

I'm so glad it's not just me being a sad old g**.

Just pressed 'icon1.png' and have no idea what it's going to do :v2_dizzy_confused3:

....edit (absolutely nothing!)

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Oh i see you've redecorated... i don't like it.

:laugh: