10 Years Today !!

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Yorkshire

10 Years Today !!

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:20 am

Well I only noticed this by pure chance as was looking at the new/old game section for Mystery World Dizzy then I noticed
I joined the forum exactly 10 years ago today !!!

So was a bit uncanny me logging in today, happy dizzying all :v2_dizzy_cheers:

The few on my facebook will know unfortunately my dad suffered a major stroke over xmas and has been left paralysed down
the left side and sadly an advanced cancer diagnosis to boot, it has been a hectic and difficult time organising things.
Image

User avatar
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:35 am
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Re: 10 Years Today !!

Post by frogandhat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:32 am

Happy Anniversary! :v2_dizzy_cheers: I have just checked my stats, and I have been here for 9 1/2 weeks I mean years (damn you Grandad, look what you have done with your corrupting games!)
Sorry to hear of your personal problems, I hope things work out as best as they can.

User avatar
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk
Posts: 3051
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:43 am
Location: Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Re: 10 Years Today !!

Post by Adz.M » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:44 am

Happy Anniversary, Lord. :)

I'm not sure It's worth checking my own stats since I arrived on the scene in June 2003 on an older forum. :p

I'm Sorry to hear about your dad. We're here if you need someone to talk to.
Image

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: 10 Years Today !!

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:06 am

Adz.M wrote:Happy Anniversary, Lord. :)

I'm not sure It's worth checking my own stats since I arrived on the scene in June 2003 on an older forum. :p

I'm Sorry to hear about your dad. We're here if you need someone to talk to.

Ha yes you predate most of us, you'll be nearing more like 15 years, although it had to be coming up to something like that it was just by chance I realised today and thought blimey it is, how time passes though.

Thanks for that Adz :)
Image

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: 10 Years Today !!

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:11 am

frogandhat wrote:Happy Anniversary! :v2_dizzy_cheers: I have just checked my stats, and I have been here for 9 1/2 weeks I mean years (damn you Grandad, look what you have done with your corrupting games!)
Sorry to hear of your personal problems, I hope things work out as best as they can.

Thanks frogandhat, you be same very soon too then, maybe I should have posted at 12.24pm although prob wouldn't have got it that exact ha :v2_dizzy_cheers:

Yes cheers, is all can hope for.

User avatar
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1533
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: london

Re: 10 Years Today !!

Post by quiggie » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Wow a whole decade Lordy, well done you.
Mine says 2008 but it feels a LOT longer. My most active thread FAN GAME HELP lol.
Really sorry about your Dad, it must be hard but hope you & the family are coping ok, as Adz says we're here if you wanna chat. xxx

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: 10 Years Today !!

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:05 pm

quiggie wrote:Wow a whole decade Lordy, well done you.
Mine says 2008 but it feels a LOT longer. My most active thread FAN GAME HELP lol.
Really sorry about your Dad, it must be hard but hope you & the family are coping ok, as Adz says we're here if you wanna chat. xxx
Hey Quiggie love yes I know ha...you all nearing yourselves too it seems. :v2_dizzy_cheers:

Thanks, I looking to get back to Yorkshire at Easter to see dad again...he got care workers who come in, we have to fund it now.
Last edited by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1533
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: london

Re: 10 Years Today !!

Post by quiggie » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:15 pm

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk wrote:
quiggie wrote:Wow a whole decade Lordy, well done you.
Mine says 2008 but it feels a LOT longer. My most active thread FAN GAME HELP lol.
Really sorry about your Dad, it must be hard but hope you & the family are coping ok, as Adz says we're here if you wanna chat. xxx
Hey Quiggie love yes I know ha...you all nearing yourselves too it seems. :v2_dizzy_cheers:

Thanks, I looking to get back to Yorkshire at Easter to see dad again...he got care workers who come in, we have to fund it now.
God that's gotta be hard, we're getting worse in this country at taking care of our elderly!
Keep in touch anyway let us know how you're doing. x

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: 10 Years Today !!

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:28 pm

quiggie wrote:God that's gotta be hard, we're getting worse in this country at taking care of our elderly!
Keep in touch anyway let us know how you're doing. x

Is the case yes unfortunately, considering though I quite pleased even still a lot of money at just under £200 a week...could of been worse, you just get the first 6 weeks free. Will do, very kind :v2_dizzy_smile:
Last edited by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 2974
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:47 am
Location: England, Suffolk

Re: 10 Years Today !!

Post by Meph » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:22 pm

We're all 10 years older :cry: I don't life has changed one bit for me in 10 years.. lol i still live in the same house, i still work at the same place, for the same people, i do the same things.. :rolleyes:

Post Reply