The List of Dizzy Games

A place to post interesting information to the community.
DOBRESCUMihai19
Free Range Egg
Location: Bucharest, România, South-Eastern Europe, Northern Hemisphere.

Re: The List of Dizzy Games

Postby DOBRESCUMihai19 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:10 pm

|
+___ :v2_dizzy_blush:
|
Last edited by DOBRESCUMihai19 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Please find the Comprehensive List of Dizzy Games at the following Uniform Resource Locator:"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizzy_(series)#Fan_created_games

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Meph wrote:Howdy, nah i wasn't criticising , i just didn't see the benefit or purpose of going to all the trouble to make such a list. We all have quirky hobbies i guess. :toothy:

Well the person wants, let does the list. I can offer the too. And there some games are corrected very much even strongly. For example Dizzy-1. There in settings in general the choice became huge.

http://dizzyage.flybb.ru/topic191.html

DOBRESCUMihai19
Free Range Egg

Postby DOBRESCUMihai19 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:36 pm

|
+___Hi, everyone.
|
+___The Wikipedia administrators are not as mild as the members of the Dizzy community. It will take a while until I can make the article a clean and approved page of the cybernetic encyclopedia. They have all kinds of requirements, that I do not know yet if I am able to fulfill.
|
+___For instance, I need to provide some references and they even doubt the few ones that I have already provided. Two fan-sites, a forum, and a YouTube video do not raise to the level of reliability that the Wikipedia administrators want.
|
+___Of course, this is a never-ending story. We can go on and on, improving the article and still, not everybody can be satisfied at the same time.
|
Rindex wrote:I can offer the too. And there some games are corrected very much even strongly. For example Dizzy-1. There in settings in general the choice became huge.

|
+___Thank you again, Rindex, for intervening and showing me your lists. I understand three things:
|
+___1. There is a person who is translating the Dizzy Adventure Game Engine into the Russian language.
|
+___2. Most of the executable binary files that are present in your archive files are cheated.
|
+___3. Some of the titles have already been translated into the Russian language.
|
+___Now, one idea would be to add the translated titles into the list, but that does not make much sense, for two reasons:
|
+___A. The list would go bigger and bigger with every new language that the titles get translated into. Imagine that our great-great-great-great-grandchildren will still be playing Dizzy, after a few hundreds of years, instead of dropping it in favor of solving the problem of obtaining the world energy. Then, instead of having just five languages (English, Russian, Polish, Czech, and Romanian) as we have now, we would have maybe one hundred languages. That would definitely be too much.
|
+___B. The translations do not create new games, but they just produce some versions of already existing titles. The list is already full of versions that are very similar to each other, with very small differences.
|
Last edited by DOBRESCUMihai19 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please find the Comprehensive List of Dizzy Games at the following Uniform Resource Locator:"

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:30 pm

To us approximately all ~40 years are simple here. And we in the childhood played in Dizzy on the ZX-Spectrum computer not with 3, and infinite lives as it was impossible to write down. Just the habit remained.

And so yes, but I not one transport these games. Though I try to make fonts as in the original. Here, for example.

And here the last. So far it is up to the end not translated.

DOBRESCUMihai19
Free Range Egg

Postby DOBRESCUMihai19 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:07 pm

|
+___Hi, Rindex.
|
+___Rrrright. I am sorry, but, as I know my own faults of my Dâmbovița English (Dâmbovița is the main river that crosses Bucharest), sometimes I have trouble understanding your own Khimki English. I am sure that you are trying to do your best.
|
+___The topic of this thread is solely the list of Dizzy games. We shall not enter again into any philosophical discussions such as why are we making it, what is our purpose on this planet Earth, what does Self-Realisation mean et caetera.
|
+___Any other topics simply do not interest me or they have their places elsewhere, in other threads. I do not intend to create any Dizzy game on my own because, in my humble opinion, there are enough out there already - 396 - for a few decades to play.
|
+___I am still not willing to add your Russian versions to the list, but I see that you might persuade me into doing it, in the long run. If the differences are very significant as compared to the original versions, we might do something about it.
|
+___I can understand that creating Russian fonts in the same manner as the original fonts can be a burden. But I do not think that that reason is enough for inserting significant differences.
|
+___Also, some people might not be interested in translating (actually, in localizing) the games at all. For instance, most of the Romanians speak English at least at a very bare level, because all our television stations are translated by subtitling and not by producing a different soundtrack. Therefore, some people would just love to play the games in their original languages. I know that I have learned a lot of English words in my childhood by going to the dictionary after reading a message in a Dizzy game.
|
+___What I am really interested in are the original Russian games - such as "Dizzy and Zaks' Ring" - that I am not yet aware of. I have attempted to Google translate the http://www.dizzyland.ru web page, to no avail, as I have not been able to determine yet whether that site does contain any other titles made by the Russians.
|
+___Anyway, keep up the good work, Rindex. I can see that you have a genuine passion for the Dizzy games.
|
Last edited by DOBRESCUMihai19 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:30 pm

Dizzy and the Ring of Zaks is translated into English. And many other games ours too.

http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/game.php?id=251

And passing can be learned from this subject.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2459

And here video of playing the game on YouTube.

http://dizzyage.flybb.ru/topic112.html

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:54 pm

By the way, this version of a game no at this forum. Disconnect immortality and here to you a game in more beautiful look. Many errors corrected and the awful sound is changed.

http://dizzyage.flybb.ru/topic192.html

DOBRESCUMihai19
Free Range Egg

Postby DOBRESCUMihai19 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:31 pm

|
+___Hi, everyone.
|
+___Sooooo.... It appears that the Wikipedia adventure has been a very short and fruitful one.
|
+___Today I have noticed that the list is gone and redirected to the article about the Dizzy series. Also, in the history of the Dizzy series article, there is a note that the paragraph that was directing towards the list has been removed for vandalism.
|
+___The world is currently full of crazy people and apparently, the Wikipedia administrators are among them. A little power they get and they abuse it. I have been a database administrator once and I know what a crazy world it is. It makes you feel like some kind of God or something.
|
+___From among the web hosting solutions, I have decided to use a Cloud Provider, namely Microsoft OneDrive. I have posted an Apache OpenOffice Calc OpenDocument Spreadsheet (".ODS") file on Microsoft OneDrive and apparently, the Microsoft Excel Online software application is able to present it directly within a web browser.
|
+___Yours sincerely,
+___Dizzy19 the vandal.
|
+___Post-Scriptum: upon request for explanations, the proud Wikipedia Administrator has answered in this original way:
|
+___"Fair enough, it wasn't exactly vandalism. You said there were more than 300 Dizzy games when you meant including fan-made games so it sounded weird. The comprehensive page doesn't exist anymore so you can't really have a link to it." --Liquidmetalrob (talk) 12:17, 1 May 2017 (UTC)
|
+___So he did delete it!
|
Last edited by DOBRESCUMihai19 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Mon May 01, 2017 3:56 pm

Where you see in Wikipedia though the word about DizzyAGE? So what you want? Juvenile idiots has fully divorced.

DOBRESCUMihai19
Free Range Egg

Postby DOBRESCUMihai19 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:21 pm

Rindex wrote:Where you see in Wikipedia though the word about DizzyAGE? So what you want? Juvenile idiots has fully divorced.

|
+___Hi, Rindex.
|
+___True. True.
|
+___I had only good intentions.
|
Last edited by DOBRESCUMihai19 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.