Dizzy game collections

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Lorfarius
Your Backpack is Empty

Dizzy game collections

Post by Lorfarius » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Been tempted to tackle one for a long time and only picked up the odd game across systems as times gone on. But does anyone have a list of all Dizzy releases including every system they came out on?

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by EgoTrip » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:04 am

Here's a chart:

Hopefully this is accurate. It does not include the iOS/Android release.

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:25 am

The one thing I can see missing is that Treasure Island Dizzy was also on the NES.

You could also make some judgement calls, like whether to group Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk together with Dizzy the Adventurer because the quest is mostly the same, or to split apart the "Panic Dizzy" for Sega consoles or the "Kwik Snax" for Commodore 64 for being completely different games. :v2_dizzy_smile: (Of course the ports of the "arcade" games to significantly different hardware tend to change the levels and physics drastically, so you could think of them more as "sequels" to the other versions, the way Go Dizzy Go is to Kwik Snax.)

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by EgoTrip » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:10 am

I've updated the image to include TID on NES. As for splitting the games, I dunno no point overcomplicating a chart really, if someone intends to print it off and use a checklist its better to just include games by their released titles, which is why I included Dizzy the Adventure seperately from Prince of the Yolkfolk.