What's a Bic?

A place to post interesting information to the community.
geekgirl101
Hard Boiled Egg

What's a Bic?

Post by geekgirl101 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:07 pm

I noticed that there were Dizzy cartridges for a model called a Bic. I've tried looking up more about it and I think it's related to the Famicom. I think the cartridges are unlicensed.

Edit: Further research confirms it's the Famicom and that the cartridges are indeed unlicensed. There was Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, Quattro Adventure, Dizzy the Adventurer, Quattro Arcade, Go! Dizzy Go!, a 5 game compilation of Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, Micro Machines, Ultimate Stuntman, Bignose the Caveman, Bignose Freaks Out, and a 3 game compilation of Dizzy-Y2, Treasure Island Dizzy, and I can't tell what the 3rd game is but the cover image is of a giant angry looking fish and just has the publisher names Realtec and Codemasters. There's a few pics floating around on the web if you google them.

Here's the best picture I got of The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy and the 5 game compilation with the box, manual and poster.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7075/74644617.jpg
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/8254/21970228yt7.jpg

I'll keep on updating this the more I find out about how many unofficial cartridges had Dizzy games on them.

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Fri May 16, 2014 5:31 am

Ooh, I heard about the Pegasus 4-in-1 and 5-in-1 from all the Polish users recording those games for YouTube. I remember they didn't work well in most emulators. Here's one discussion topic I just found about a lot of those Bic games: http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=4321

dizzykei
Free Range Egg

Post by dizzykei » Fri May 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Looks like usual bootleg cartridges. But I never heard about them before, thanks.

"NewGame" studio in Russia now sells a pirate game titled "Cosmic Dizzy" for MegaDrive. Everyone thought, that a hack or something, but it just a "Fantastic Dizzy" without changes at all.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

geekgirl101
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by geekgirl101 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:45 pm

Wow. Is this for a Sega clone or the actual MegaDrive?

btw finished my research on the other games. They're all pirated NES games except for Dizzy the Adventurer, I guess with it not being a full cartridge it wasn't convertible for the Famicom.

The one with the big fish and Dizzy-Y2 is apparently Treasure Island Dizzy, the fish was on the cover of Treasure Island Dizzy on the Quattro Adventure NES cartridge. I think Dizzy-Y2 means Dizzy V2 since Treasure Island Dizzy was the 2nd game in the collection. This seems to make sense since they ripped Go! Dizzy Go! out of Quattro Arcade and put it on its own cartridge.

I'm not sure why they created their own 2-game and 5-game compilations.

dizzykei
Free Range Egg

Post by dizzykei » Fri May 23, 2014 11:16 pm

For segaclone, but it should be run on original hardware too, i supposed. It's the same game, after all.