Thinking about making a Dizzy fan game using the Thief 2 Editor...

A place to post interesting information to the community.
GORT
Free Range Egg

Video of what it looks like so far...

Postby GORT » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:01 am

Well, here's what it looks like in game mode so far. Still a whole lot to do here. I was thinking about trying to get the Dock St. and Castle St. entries in (no guarantee that I can do this though).
[video=youtube;W6ebsHJZap0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ebsHJZap0[/video]

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:02 pm

I gotta be honest, that is quite cool. :laugh:

GORT
Free Range Egg

Thinking a bit on how to go at it on the yolk folk home...

Postby GORT » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:21 pm

:v2_dizzy_confused2: There are many versions of the yolk folk home. I was thinking of making my own layout version, but I wonder if I should go for one of the existing versions. I would like to get some feedback on this so I can get right on it. The "Down the Rapids" main map layout will be done soon, but this project is far from being done. With the opinions of the people here, it might make it move a bit faster.

Just to let everyone know, you must have Thief 2 version 1.18 and get it upgraded to version 1.21 or better. Also, you'll need a loader like the latest version of Dark Loader. This fan based version will act like a Fan Mission set for Thief 2 (FM set for short).

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:14 pm

I've always liked when a game returns to an area from a previous game (like the Lost City in Thief 2). So I would say base it on an existing version. But you should do what you want.

GORT
Free Range Egg

I'm finally getting back to work on this...

Postby GORT » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Just letting everyone know that this is still in the works. Things have been a bit busy at my end, but I haven't given up on this just yet. I've decided to use the NES red version of the Yolk Folk Home. I still need to make all of the characters. So, yeah. This is still active, but kind of slow going.
~SMDM~
Zaks Castle(NES) MIDI[color="DarkOrange"] 70.25%[/color] (Still being delayed...) :v2_dizzy_dry:
[B][color="#0000FF"]Thief 2 Dizzy Project:[/color]
(Redoing it all from scratch...) :v2_dizzy_rolleyes:
[color="Blue"]TROTB2: [/color](Beta-testing almost done...) :v2_dizzy_cool:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks for the update.

And happy birthday btw. :) Hope you had a good day. :v2_dizzy_cheers:

GORT
Free Range Egg

Texture Question...

Postby GORT » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:37 pm

I know that it's been a long time since I've put up any progress, but I'm still taking this on. There is one thing that I need to ask. Should I make a complete set of custom textures or should I just use the default Thief 2 textures?

The nice thing about making my own is that I can put in materials on them as needed. But this could make the whole thing a bit big. (Nice, but chunky).

As for the default textures, I won't need to add them. Also, it will cut down the file size. But the textures are low-res and I can't use materials on most of them. (Slim, but not pretty).

Although, with PCs these days, we shouldn't have much problems with not having enough room on the hard drive. :dizzy_wink:

If you don't know what are materials for textures, check out some of my videos on youtube. This is how I can make marble floors and ice shine and a few other things.
~SMDM~
Zaks Castle(NES) MIDI[color="DarkOrange"] 70.25%[/color] (Still being delayed...) :v2_dizzy_dry:

GORT
Free Range Egg

Postby GORT » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:16 am

OK, now that I've got some things worked out in RL, I'm now back on this project. I'll post some more stuff here once I have something. But I think I'll redo most of what I have. Also, there is something I would like to ask. Are there any voice actors around on this forum? I'd figure that we need these characters to actually speak to one another.
:v2_dizzy_smile:
~SMDM~

GORT
Free Range Egg

Postby GORT » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:25 am

I have a bit of sad news. I'm going to have to have the down the rapids mission cut. The outcome of the behavior of the water is a bit random when it comes to staying on top of it and in quite a few cases the player would get stuck on the walls. I guess Thief 2 wasn't made for that. Oh well. I'll keep that mission just in case I've figure out what to do to make it work.

Moving along, I've decided to make my own version of the Yolk Folk Village. I'd figure this would be the best approach since all original versions are linear.
~SMDM~

dizzykei
Free Range Egg

Postby dizzykei » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:49 pm

It's great that you continue the project!
As for the voice actors, maybe you look for them after everything other is done?