Dizzy will be 25 THIS June

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Dizzy will be 25 THIS June

Post by Adz.M » Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm sure many of you will remember that nearly a year ago, we had a celebration on the site for Dizzy's 25th Anniversary.

Well apparently, I've just received a message from Andy (site admin) saying that Philip Oliver has recently contacted him saying that Dizzy will be 25 THIS June, meaning that Dizzy was actually 24 last year....oops! :v2_dizzy_blush:

So, who's up for another celebration in June? :v2_dizzy_lol: Corrections are currently being made to the site.

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:22 pm

No offense, but..
Since last year I was too lazy to ask, why you thought anniversary was back then?
I thought something was wrong when mrdarek(admin from dizzy.pl) said it's not 25 anniversary.

Anyway, it's too bad we know so late, some people could prepare anniversary games or something.
And I'll definitely enjoy THIS anniversary. :vhappy:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Wed May 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Dizzy9 wrote:No offense, but..
Since last year I was too lazy to ask, why you thought anniversary was back then?
Other websites like the World of Spectrum, Wikipedia and even Yolkfolk.com itself had also said it was June 1986.

I guess that somewhere down the line someone made a typo with the year, way before I started posting news for the site that's for sure.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Wed May 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah we get to do it all over again.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Wed May 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Adz.M wrote:I'm sure many of you will remember that nearly a year ago, we had a celebration on the site for Dizzy's 25th Anniversary.

Well apparently, I've just received a message from Andy (site admin) saying that Philip Oliver has recently contacted him saying that Dizzy will be 25 THIS June, meaning that Dizzy was actually 24 last year....oops! :v2_dizzy_blush:

So, who's up for another celebration in June? Corrections are currently being made to the site.

Well that sort of makes more sense to me on my recollections of when I got TUCA all those years ago when I got my spectrum in 1987 I think it was which was the +2 version but just assumed the first Dizzy game must have been out a bit before I acquired.

Anyway it makes it more apt now as we have Dizzy Jnr & DizzyBelle very timely for the 25th
Anniversary :v2_dizzy_happy:

Yeah another celebration in June then :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:

(unless Mr Oliver is a year out himself and was in fact as originally thought)

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:05 am

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:31 am

I'm afraid the years posted on GameFAQs are wrong.