Hypothetically Speaking, Would You Watch A Dizzy Movie?

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Stephen Parry
Free Range Egg

Hypothetically Speaking, Would You Watch A Dizzy Movie?

Post by Stephen Parry » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:48 pm

When I see some of the impressive CGI on display in Pixar movies, I sometimes wonder what the wonders of technology could do for everyone's favourite egg. Hypothetically speaking, if a studio were interested in Dizzy - and if they could sort out all the licensing stuff - would you be interested in such a movie?

I must admit, the possibility does intrigue me whenever I watch a Pixar movie. I'm not a fan of CGI at all in live-action, but in animation, well they seem to keep exploring new horizons on the big screen. As I am such a big Dizzy fan, I sometimes wonder what he'd be like in an animated movie. Well, we all dream at times, don't we?

That said, although this is all hypothetical, if such a thing were ever to happen, I'm not sure I'd be that interested. No-one can say that the Dizzy games are passive games, they are fun because of the concentration and planning required. I have enjoyed playing them since '86, so I'm not sure I could get the same type of enjoyment out of watching Dizzy. He's more fun to play.

What do the rest of you think? And, just out of interest, has anybody ever watched a cartoon film/TV series based on a computer/video game character? If so, how did you find them?

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Hate pixar, and I've seen better computer animation from independent film makers.
It would only work with computer animation but not if it's in the style of a pixar production.. *shudder*

Computer game films tend to suck.. although just out of pure quirkiness i liked Super Mario Bros.. one weird film.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Stephen Parry
Free Range Egg

Post by Stephen Parry » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm not a fan of live-action adaptations of video games. I can't think of many I like, a few may have been passable.

You mentioned computer animation from independent film makers, Meph. As someone who enjoys non-mainstream stuff (movies, books, etc.), are you thinking of any particular films? I wouldn't mind checking them out.

Thank you.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Shane acker's 9.
While it's not the best of films the animation is fantastic... in my opinion, as CGI films go.
It was a box office flop worldwide i believe lol

I come from the school of Ray Harryhausen and while i don't dislike CG as a rI'me im not so keen on it, But i just can not stand pixar.. maybe becaI'me im too old and don't have kids, Thankfully theres three Hollywood feater length stop-motion animation films coming out this year and they all look fantastic, theres usually a few small/indi stop-mo films but seeing ones come out of hollywood is always a good sign.. the art is alive!

randomgirl
Free Range Egg

Post by randomgirl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:32 pm

On the one hand, it would probably be a terrible movie.

On the other hand, I love "Double Dragon" and "Super Mario Bros" precisely BECAUSE they are terrible movies, having nothing whatsoever in common with the games and generally being a fantastic waste of money.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Not sure how Super Mario could have been like the games.. i mean a movie about a pumper to collects coins and jumps on mushrooms?? Weird.

Stephen Parry
Free Range Egg

Post by Stephen Parry » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Meph wrote:Shane acker's 9.
While it's not the best of films the animation is fantastic... in my opinion, as CGI films go.
It was a box office flop worldwide i believe lol

I come from the school of Ray Harryhausen and while i don't dislike CG as a rI'me im not so keen on it, But i just can not stand pixar.. maybe becaI'me im too old and don't have kids, Thankfully theres three Hollywood feater length stop-motion animation films coming out this year and they all look fantastic, theres usually a few small/indi stop-mo films but seeing ones come out of hollywood is always a good sign.. the art is alive!
Oh yes, Ray Harryhausen - remember those skeletons in Jason and the Argonauts? Amazing, even today.

I take the point made by randomgirl. Whilst no video game movies come to mind, I can think of a few movies I enjoy because they are so bad. Sometimes, being bad is the only thing a movie has going for it.

decanos78
Free Range Egg

Post by decanos78 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:47 pm

eeeek.. game movies.. heres a few ive watched and wasted hours of my life on
other than the good and awesome ones.

ok = max payne, hitman, lika a dragon: prologue.

good = errr? tombraider maybe, resident evil, silent hill (cant wait for 2).

awesome = prince of persia (fav actor in this),

bad = double dragon, *cough* street fighter, wing commander,
lol.. house of the dead 1+2, alone in the dark 1+2, bloodrayne 1+2+3,
far cry, the king of fighters

super bad = doom, super mario bros, fatal fury, mortal combat 1+2, red faction origins,
in the name of the king 1+2.

decanos78
Free Range Egg

Post by decanos78 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:01 pm

oh god yes.. how could i forget that film.. DOA was.. well...
cant think of anything to say about that.. lol.. it would def..
go in my bad section.